Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

EDIT: I'm adding one more from a few days ago for "Crane City"

Uptown002-1.jpg

now... imagine this shot about a year from now, with additional cranes for TWELVE, the Wachovia condo tower, One Charlotte, and possibly Trump tower(s)... and imagine that they are all 2 - 5 times as high as they are now and attached to 25-50+ story uncompleted buildings.

Edited by TowerRooster

MY four entries from a very bad panthers game, its probably my fault they lost, speaking that for the second game in a row I spent a lot of my time taking pix.

P9300062.jpg

P9300046.jpg

P9300031.jpg

P9300029.jpg

FYI I got a mean pano being photoshopped together so hopefully I'll get some down time at work to post it.

Edited by Guest

Well you had something to do, because not much was going right on the field for the Panthers. The Interstate tower picture looks if it is next to the stadium about 2 feet.

I hope that wasn't the full crowd, seems like only half the place was full. A lot of red shirts too, didn't know that many Tampa fans lived in Charlotte. Great pictures, I wish they showed that angle while on TV

I hope that wasn't the full crowd, seems like only half the place was full. A lot of red shirts too, didn't know that many Tampa fans lived in Charlotte. Great pictures, I wish they showed that angle while on TV

At the end of the game basically the only people left were the truly faithful Panthers fans and all the TB fans.

Now, it's really sad when we're getting whooped by the Patriots and BofA Stadium basically turns into Foxboro.

Awesome Panther's pictures, I've still been meaning to get to a game. OK I do have some pics I had taken from today of well "the darker side of Charlotte". In others words not much sun today but that doesn't mean we can't get some good pics- they definitly are a moodier Charlotte...

Buildings that get closer to the heavens...

10-04-07040.jpg

The skies are angry:

10-04-07039.jpg

Trademark's Gloom:

10-04-07034.jpg

The colors of Wachovia are beautiful with the sky so ugly today:

10-04-07042.jpg

Tryon St. from Dunhill Parking Deck:

10-04-07016.jpg

201 N. Tryon and Avenue:

10-04-07032.jpg

Geico.... I'm sure a lot of you have seen this flying around between uptown and the University...

10-04-07037.jpg

Edited by Andyc545

Dude, that Geico plane has been in Chapel Hill too....weird. It's crazy b/c people have been talking about it alot here - it must be doing its job!

I have noticed that Geico plane too the past couple of days while I was walking to class...I have found it very funny and weird at the same time

Andy...absolutely love the pics, especially the one from the Dunhill parking deck

Hasn't been any photo's of the day recently...

Here's some that I took of the Avenue yesterday. The tower looks absolutely great!

10-11-07006.jpg

Avenue / Bofa (There's another photo on my photobucket, but I couldn't decide which I liked better)

10-11-07007.jpg

Avenue close-up:

10-11-07011.jpg

This one comes with a rather spooky Halloween theme- a few graves from the old cemetary/park across the street, with the Avenue hidden in the background...

10-11-07004.jpg