Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

11 hours ago, bluehedgehogNS said:

2E62C0F5-0E87-4560-93BA-922C63BEF666.thumb.jpeg.66f5bf066ae22d85fa8fec5f8b917215.jpeg

How does a space like this get built?  By that I mean it looks like it contributes nothing to the ROI of the building and would be VERY costly to make a reality. 

I'm not complaining just curious what people think.  Charlotte needs more decision makers like the person that made this space and thus the design of the building happen.

49 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

How does a space like this get built?  By that I mean it looks like it contributes nothing to the ROI of the building and would be VERY costly to make a reality. 

I'm not complaining just curious what people think.  Charlotte needs more decision makers like the person that made this space and thus the design of the building happen.

Wachovia top execs would have signed off on this building in 2007 08 then taken over by Wells Fargo

• Like 3

It is a four week run so I am sure Sky House would be happy to rent some vacant units for a month. The company has more people than the rental units offered. 

An interview with the PAC director prior to Hamilton opening said that tours like Charlotte because the costs are less than other similar locations, and this may be one part of that formula.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Saw Hamilton last night and discussed where the tour members stayed for the run. Today I see Nik Walker (Burr) posted this. Can someone identify the location? Is it SkyHouse?

5 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Yes that is the Skyhouse and some of their units are rented out like Airbnb units. 

Skyhouse has the 21st floor of their North tower contracted out to Lyric hospitality, who are allowed to use AirBnB. That's been bothering residents enough as it is 

However that pic up there is from their South tower, and word has it management is having trouble stopping people from AirBnBing their units (a violation of their lease), since they are under pressure not to evict too many residents since the owners are currently trying to sell and they need occupancy to stay up. Word has it many residents are tired of not knowing who their neighbors will be on any given night anymore.

Whoever buys them will need to have their management deal with the accumulated situation from there.

Edited by SgtCampsalot

18 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Skyhouse has the 21st floor of their North tower contracted out to Lyric hospitality, who are allowed to use AirBnB. That's been bothering residents enough as it is 

However that pic up there is from their South tower, and word has it management is having trouble stopping people from AirBnBing their units (a violation of their lease), since they are under pressure not to evict too many residents since the owners are currently trying to sell and they need occupancy to stay up. Word has it many residents are tired of not knowing who their neighbors will be on any given night anymore.

Whoever buys them will need to have their management deal with the accumulated situation from there.

So.... can I buy units in Skyhouse??

22 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Skyhouse North had only 1 elevator working for the past week... Not a good look for a pretty new building.