Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

On 10/29/2018 at 6:33 PM, kermit said:

Postcard from the crappiest train station on earth:

ADBF1A3E-931F-4BD2-BF42-469A4612362A.jpeg

Soon.... Raleigh's downtown station, with a newly revitalized Warehouse district adjacent was very lively last Saturday night when I went to visit a friend, I can't even imagine how it will transform Uptown.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2018 at 4:54 PM, DMann said:

So RDF........Any particular reason it is called EyeonTryon?????

The Eye on Tryon is an 80 foot ferris wheel at the corner of 7th Street & Tryon.  From Friday, November 2nd to Saturday, November 10th, $5.00 for adults, $3.00 for kids.

Photo of the Eye on Tryon ferris wheel below by @Hugo704  

4E503E50-1AA9-4548-96A1-DE0D00FE9A75.jpeg

Why is it called the Eye on Tryon?  It's like the London Eye, a giant Ferris wheel on the South Bank of the River Thames in London, which is Europe's tallest ferris wheel, height 443 feet / 135 meters.  The London Eye opened to the general public on 03/09/2000.  Supported by an A-frame on one side only, the London Eye is described by its operators as a cantilevered observation wheel.  See image of the London Eye below.

Image result for london eye ferris wheel

Link:  https://www.charlotteonthecheap.com/eye-tryon-ferris-wheel-charlotte/

Edited by QCxpat
Add Link to Eye on Tryon Ferris Wheel
  • Like 3

I agree, and you know the thing would have to look like a crown sitting on top of a pedestal.  “The Crown of Charlotte” or  “Charlotte’s Crown” would be a good name. We need both this and the Skywheel. Both Somebody pitch these ideas to the city and the powers that be.  Let the announcement come on December 3rd for Charlotte’s 250th Birthday! We should really be making a bigger deal of the sestercentennial than we are. CLT250.comC4D601F7-237D-4FBA-9F81-76FC0ABEFCCF.thumb.png.35df343f47e25ac79d51d887025363bf.png&key=fadc035d6cfe886f83b863a6fa4756033555a2b81a5e0106f58db7b828823e80

I agree the city could use something like this. I was thinking a big queen statue should be on the top but a crown would look really good too. It would be unique for Charlotte and would be a tourist attraction. It’s so obvious this should happen. I almost feel compelled to go down to Charlotte and pitch the idea to city council. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1