Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

7 hours ago, KJHburg said:

^^ Love the Capt. Jack statue and Marshall Park as many problems as it has shows a small lake makes a great reflection.   

Yeah, the water features are the best part of Marshall Park, one of the classic vantage points of the Charlotte skyline. Though the fact that BOACC, Hearst, and a number of other buildings are largely blocked from there have lessened its prominence in recent skyline shots,  it still showcases buildings like One Wells Fargo and DEC well. I was mainly interested in seeing how LU1 looked from there.  Trees and the board of education block it from being reflected in the lake, but you get a nice view of it from the fountain.  Looking forward to seeing how the new Duke Power tower will look from there.

By the way, building a large moat around Uptown that you can travel by boat is part of my master plan for Charlotte. Imagine skyline reflection shots from every angle!

Edited by King of the Queen City
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jeanf1991 said:

Folks, your city is Booming. Last time I was around was in May 2018, and I’m impressed how many more buildings are finished or popping up around uptown.

I had an amazing lunch next to the railtracks.

Also, you should see people in the plane when we were landing, most of them were breaking their necks looking to see the skyline, I was one of them lol.

Really, I’m having a nice time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That speaks volumes.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SpiritOf76 said:

Blast from the past - August, 2010

I took these when I visited Uptown for the first time. My company had sent me here on a site visit, as they had asked me to relocate to our new location in Lancaster SC. (I currently live in Commonwealth) My initial reaction to Charlotte was that it was "too clean". Having lived in Baltimore City (Fell's Point) for a few years prior to the move, living in Charlotte was going to be a hell of an adjustment.

So I wandered about and took these pics of third ward. How things have changed...

My only regret - not visiting Eggheads Bar in Brevard Ct. :tw_skull:

IMG_2407.png

IMG_2408.png

IMG_2411.png

IMG_2414.png

IMG_2417.png

IMG_2420.png

IMG_2422.png

IMG_2432.png

IMG_2433.png

IMG_2434.png

IMG_2404.png

Thank you so much for these! It is incredible how easily a park could have been wrapped around the Virginia Paper mill. What a shame. But it is an incredible transformation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, navigator319 said:

That is not Bearden.  Virginia Paper building would be center field of BBT

Ahh, well then it is a shame they decided a run-of-the-mill ballpark was more creative and useful than a re-purposed mill... heck, extend Romare Bearden past Mint St and continue the park around the Mill. :blink: