Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

67FF8F48-E59D-409C-85B0-2450D0B98DB4.jpeg.ad00616cd472f2d7692770ee9aaf8462.jpeg

I feel like this angle hasn’t gotten enough love in the change department, Lennar and intercontinental will get some cranes up thankfully. Hopefully a few others in the next few a years too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I feel like this angle hasn’t gotten enough love in the change department, Lennar and intercontinental will get some cranes up thankfully. Hopefully a few others in the next few a years too.

Cordelia Park pavilion and its even better in person

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I agree.  There are more good things to come.  The new Duke HQ should look pretty prominent from this angle too.

Edited by SydneyCarton

9 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Those 5 lots around the Spectrum center are the lots I want developed next in downtown.  That should be the bar heartbeat of downtown.  

The Moxy Hotel will take care of part of one.

The City now owns the full block across Caldwell, and has no future plans, so supposedly would sell for private development if they like the plan and price.

• Like 1

Love this angle.  I pulled this one off Instagram. Photographer is Clt.motion. I love what Dimensional and Railyard are doing for the urbanity of Southend. And check out how dense Uptown is.  I do wonder if Duke’s new building  will block BOA from this angle, especially if it nears 700 feet tall. 
6531A485-507B-48F8-AC80-95D77C86893E.thumb.jpeg.c78ab61c02733d9f4f42adab4105a4aa.jpeg

Wow it actually might block a good portion of it.

Thank you for that 3rd pic...until that is developed someday, I have always thought that would be a great dog park.  It's probably one of the largest plots of grassy land Uptown that is not a park.  That area is really peculiar to me for it being right off the lightrail, the vibe is a little desolate over there and I think a dog park would be more engaging and bring some energy to the area.  Would also provide some (urine) relief to Romare lol.  

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Thank you for that 3rd pic...until that is developed someday, I have always thought that would be a great dog park.  It's probably one of the largest plots of grassy land Uptown that is not a park.  That area is really peculiar to me for it being right off the lightrail, the vibe is a little desolate over there and I think a dog park would be more engaging and bring some energy to the area.  Would also provide some (urine) relief to Romare lol.  

This would be a great lot for a sleek condo project. I love parks but one there would seem sort of odd since that huge parking garage is right there and it is practically under the light rail. 

Edited by j-man

The Moxy Hotel will take care of part of one.
The City now owns the full block across Caldwell, and has no future plans, so supposedly would sell for private development if they like the plan and price.

What ever happened to the CATS HQ? Wasn’t it supposed to go around here somewhere?