Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

13 hours ago, NCMike1990 said:

A view of the skyline from the Freedom Dr. corridor, an area where we don't see many pics of the skyline taken here on UP.

It's not every day you see a pink Lambo, but there it is.

Fyi, Google Maps has updated street view for some of the major streets in the area.

Link

Screenshot (44).png

Interesting Google Maps moment, considering there is a Huracan in the parking lot next to an older Chevy truck...which i can thank an older GMC truck for helping me renovate my house lol 

Edited by NikolaTesla
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, SpiritOf76 said:

Berryhill rd

972BE627-B25A-4420-BE06-7E98DD82D60A.jpeg

People are going to be really surprised about just how big FNB looks from this angle. Centrally located and almost 400 feet tall. 

13 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Random Charlotte pic of the day, and yes I really am going to post three pics of it: this raised manhole cover by LSC in Belmont with red brick wings/ 80s-style shoulder pads.

What was the original purpose of bricking up a concrete structure like this? Was it a decorative facade installed in 1919, but since eroded away since then? We may never know.

Belmont has so many cool uses of red brick structures lying around. It's a fun scavenger hunt.

IMG_20190321_210118.png

IMG_20190321_210132.png

IMG_20190321_210148.png

My guess:  That must be entry point for waste or storm water lines adjoining stream bed. Those epaulets are for ease of entry and exit and to allow refitting cover without balancing on some treacherous device to do so.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

My guess:  That must be entry point for waste or storm water lines adjoining stream bed. Those epaulets are for ease of entry and exit and to allow refitting cover without balancing on some treacherous device to do so.

They are maintenance access points for sewer, as you suggested. The entrance has to be up high so that flood waters don't mix with sewage. 

• Like 2

4c40ce757c5ef8e6040df90ac145d604.jpg&key=10afa8215789a1a47902beca031bc5407d9fc0c7c12178e9ab06f97a7b4857d7

Jourdan, the panthers beat writer posted this on her Instagram. This view will look drastically different in 2022, when duke is topping out, just about the same height as LU1 in this view.

I think it’d be just about right in front of 300 South Tryon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk