cltheel.sdl

Charlotte Photo of the Day

This isn't a Charlotte photo...obviously...but one I thought would be interesting just to show how far other cities, ok NYC, is pushing the envelope in terms of urban infill, and adaptive reuse. This high-rise addition is in the Lower East Side of Manhattan....obviously when you don't have to accomodate a garage, you can be more creative.

post-1289-1205167529_thumb.jpg

Ah very nice all. So that scoreboard looks quite large on Panthers Stadium. I can't say I have ever been inside the stadium before, so hopefully I can go this year finally and really check this out.

I'm pretty sure that is still the old scoreboard backing, they've just removed the front side of it. They won't be installing the new screens until May.

Edited by Raintree21

I'm pretty sure that is still the old scoreboard backing, they've just removed the front side of it. They won't be installing the new screens until May.

I was just referring to the rafters, which I thought were supports originally, not the actual grey backer. Looks like those Panther heads may be coming down.

_MG_1614_2.jpg

See more images here.

From the 7th Floor of Presbyterian Hospital 3/14/08

Hospital.jpg

Hospital2.jpg

Best pics I could take through a dirty hospital window...the pictures aren't great but the view in person is so much better.

Edited by Shawn&Zae

Hospital.jpg

Hospital2.jpg

Best pics I could take through a dirty hospital window...the pictures aren't great but the view in person is so much better.

Wow...

Hospital.jpg

Hospital2.jpg

Thanks for posting these! Definitely an interestesting perspective of the skyline that we rarely see. Were they taken near the old Visualite Theatre area?

Ah very nice all. So that scoreboard looks quite large on Panthers Stadium. I can't say I have ever been inside the stadium before, so hopefully I can go this year finally and really check this out.

I have seen games in Tempe AZ, Oakland, Candlestick, and about 7 games at my beloved Panthers...This is not home sidedness talking. B of A Stadium rocks and you owe it to yourself to experience at least 1 game a year. I guarantee you will be hooked. For the ultimate...buy tickets in upper deck across from the skyline view!!!

This is Sardis Lane in South Charlotte (7 miles south of uptown) getting a new sidewalk. This shows Charlotte has many faces to show. It is the city of trees.

P3112544.jpg

Edited by RiverwoodCLT

This is Sardis Lane in South Charlotte (7 miles south of uptown) getting a new sidewalk. This shows Charlotte has many faces to show. It is the city of trees.

P3112544.jpg

I used to love driving down this road back a couple years ago (5 or 6 give or take) it used to be very raw and undeveloped, still mostly is, but it had some nice curves and it was charlottes little "country road." Its a healthy length, goes from old providence to sardis and u could unwind for a bit. Great picture, thanks.

Shot from "Midtown" Target Parking lot

2352719791_8510060461_b.jpg

Wachovia Cluster Shots from [Convention Center / Westin]

2352722939_3707cbd0e0_b.jpg

2353552684_6343c67e84_b.jpg

Edited by brad_clt

So since I asked you guys where to get skyline shots, I've tried out a few. I know this is probably an overdone angle, but thought I'd share one from this evening.

Skyline3.jpg

Hospital.jpg

Probably one of the best density revealing shots I've seen. Or density enhancing, take your pick.

Probably one of the best density revealing shots I've seen. Or density enhancing, take your pick.

Just wait until the Wachovia complex, Catalyst, NHOF are all done... That will be even more impressive looking from this angle.