Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

^WOW!!

I used to live across the street from Freedom Park and really miss the easy access. That is how it is every weekend from now till about mid - May when the weather is nice. Great mix of people too. You just reminded me where I need to be next weekend :)

By far, IMO, the best urban park in Charlotte

Edited by Charlotte_native

I always wanted Freedom Park to be surrounded by some medium-high-density housing, and possibly some limited retail. I know that it would be difficult to place that against the surrounding single-family homes there, but possibly on Princeton and East it could happen.

It is a great urban park, too bad, that it is really only within walking distance for probably less than 500 households.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Man, I'm starting to see more and more police officers uptown on Segways. I'm not sure what size the fleet is, but I saw about half a dozen at the same time last week.

First week of light rail operation, there was a fleet of about 6 officers all with segways on the light rail who got off at 7th Street. They took up a whole back of the train. The funiest thing was when I watched the last officer actually drop her segway down on the ground of the train, then she looked up and said "whoops". Couldn't help but think how much one of those costs fited with the offroad wheels and little blue lights.

^ Man, I'm starting to see more and more police officers uptown on Segways. I'm not sure what size the fleet is, but I saw about half a dozen at the same time last week.

They have several dozen. I saw about 10 of them doing training down at the Police Academy a few months ago.