Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Just now read TozMervo's link to Wiki, sounds like they do make decent "pets", being the most trainable bird for falconry. And survive and live in urban areas, and eat pretty much anything rabbit sized on down. It is nice to know that they [at least] aren't harmed by human city building, and Charlotte does have more trees than is normal to compensate.

Went out this evening to snag some night photos with the supposed moon that was to appear larger than normal. Unfortunately by the time it got above the tree line it wasnt anything special, best I read was to be on the horizon. Regardless it turned out to be a great evening for photo taking, such a great cluster of clouds.

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

For some reason I never caught the rustic colored roof until this evening I spotted it.

I know this shot isnt of anything in Charlotte except the tops of a few trees that reside in Charlotte. However it did happen in Charlotte. Just thought you all would enjoy it. This was from the storm that took place this evening, June 26th at about 10pm.

IMG_0187.jpg

Sorry I have a few from today (it was a nice long journey):

Gateway, new ball stadium land, and a train:

05-26-08052.jpg

Panoramic Skyline Shot from Midtown:

05-26-08078.jpg

These two shots in particular are fantastic, Andy. Two types of density shown here, lowrise and highrise. The first shot makes me wish the old paper building would get reused somehow.

These two shots in particular are fantastic, Andy. Two types of density shown here, lowrise and highrise. The first shot makes me wish the old paper building would get reused somehow.

Thanks krazee. I agree- I love that building too. Unfortunately there are no options of saving it with a stadium built here. If the stadium was build elsewhere, I would hope that was secured with mid-high rise around its borders and converted to residential/office lofts.

^Having been away for a few years, where is this located? I don't recognize the area.
E. Trade & McDowell, NE corner.

Ok, I'm waaaay late on this one, but the bronze hand statue thing is at 4th & McDowell, diagonally across from the Courthouse. Its actually in a pleasant little plaza with a couple of restaurants that cater to jurors :)

OK, I know that hawks are birds of prey, but I didn't know that they preyed upon squirrels. So I guess that shot is also informational (at least for me). Thanks for sharing, tozmervo! :)

I love to see squirrel population control in action. Great shots :)

No shots of the Porsche Convention that shutdown Uptown yesterday?!?!

Ah if only i had my camera when i saw those glorious machines!

:rolleyes:

I was hoping someone from on here would have gotten a few pics. This really was a unique event for Charlotte and having it downtown made it even more special. There are a ton of pics on the Porsche Parade website:

http://www.paradecharlotte.org/

Alrighty everyone, due to popular demand. It was a very nice event, too bad I couldnt wait for all the cars to arrive for my dad, who was visiting, had to leave for Florida at 10am but we did see a lot of the older cars which are the unique ones. (See whos the first to spot the surprise) ;)

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

Edited by DjStedali