cltheel.sdl

Charlotte Photo of the Day

Just an observation, but 95% of the pictures here seem to be taken within 3-blocks of The Square.

Let's see some pictures of different areas :)

That doesn't mean that I don't love seeing Uptown and all of its glory.

heres some non-downtown pics of around charlotte, most of these are from when i was out and about stuck in traffic, so i decided to grab a few with my phone...

ballantyne

PIC-0042.jpg

PIC-0043.jpg

PIC-0044.jpg

a few more from south park area...

PIC-0040.jpg

103_0551.jpg

103_0544.jpg

Edited by TeeJay

TeeJay - thanks for those pics. You have to represent South Charlotte! :)

rolltide - it sure is a shame that FatCity is lost forever. Are they even attempting to resurrect the wall for Fat City Lofts?

I'm quickly running out of pics, so I decided to show this crowd pic from Speed Street. I'm leaving for Seattle tomorrow, so this will be my last pic for a couple weeks. Hope you enjoy!

DSCF1649.jpg

Ahhhh, the point of Mollypop... also at the top of my list. There are about a dozen Grade A, not ostentatious homes on the lake, outside that it is money and taste opposing each other...

Thanks for posting the lovely pic of Lake Norman metro.:)

The scene looks surprisingly similar to Puget Sound waterfront areas of Kitsap County, Washington State. More evergreens in Washington of course, but the housing and the geography around Lake Norman looks remarkably like where I live.

Are those Lake Norman homes highly expensive? In Puget Sound similar homes with similar views would start at $1.5 million.

Are those Lake Norman homes highly expensive? In Puget Sound similar homes with similar views would start at $1.5 million.

I would doubt you could buy anything in that photo for $1.5M unless it was in bad shape. That part of the lake is in Mecklenburg where the most expensive property is located and it's also right on the main channel. (as opposed to a basement lot at the end of a cove)

^^wow!

Charlotte is getting as expensive as the Seattle area!

Not all of Charlotte region. Lake property on Lake Wylie (south of town) is generally far less expensive than having "the address" of Lake Norman.

I believe the house next to that one has a helipad over the water in addition to a boat dock if that tells you anything about the wealth there. :rolleyes:

Yes I was gonna take a photo of that helicopter but wouldn't you know it, when I have my camera on the boat, they had flown it off somewhere.

I've always been confused by that shop. I was always taught that blackface was a huge slap in the face.

My S.O. gets his hair cut there (and he's black). I think the place is black-owned (could be wrong) and I think it's like the "N" word-sort of OK if you're black, but definitely a no-no if you're white. I'll have to ask and see what he thinks.