Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

OMG. Charlotte is really changing lol!

When I lived there in Charlotte (2009), every time I was on Uptown there where no people at the streets. Now you've got much more events and it is really looking better and feels like a "city". It will be good years to come to Uptown and Charlotte. :good:

Edited by Jeanf1991
  • Like 1

Seems to focus on a lot surrounded by low rise apartments in 4th ward

Are you talking about the vacant lots off Smith between 9th and 6th? I think most of that land is going to the new Gateway station.

I wish someone would decide they desperately want to buy out one of the the tri-level/midrise complexes and put up another high-rise over in fourth ward - for purely selfish reasons as I live in one of the current developments, want to live in a high-rise, don't want to leave fourth ward, don't want to rent, and am bored of Avenue. Buy me out and put me in a new luxury fourth ward high-rise? YES PLEASE.

I do realize I might as well be wishing someone would swap out my dog for a pegasus, but a girl can dream, right?

ETA: I have clients who have echoed the sentiment that fourth ward needs a new luxury high rise where you can actually PURCHASE a condo.

Edited by kateinuptown

What is up with all these low-res 2014 photos.  I keep thinking they're 10y old and then I look closer and realize it is current.  

It is still amazing how far our city has developed in the last 10.  Skylines are fun, but the real improvement has been in midrise, which has spread the density around a bit.  I hope that continues, just with better city rules on streetscape. 

• Like 2

What is up with all these low-res 2014 photos.  I keep thinking they're 10y old and then I look closer and realize it is current.  

It is still amazing how far our city has developed in the last 10.  Skylines are fun, but the real improvement has been in midrise, which has spread the density around a bit.  I hope that continues, just with better city rules on streetscape. 

PREACH!!!!!

I HAD TO PUT A FILTER ON MY PHOTO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Everytime they post another group of photos I get a little giddy. I am so glad to see the center city getting more and more dense so quickly. Just ten years ago many of us would be moaning about the sea of asphalt. Much of that has disappeared at nearly the blink of an eye and even more is slated to be gone in another year or two. I still want that huge lot near the Vue gone though.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a foggy night, and I just found it amazing when I pulled into my driveway to see the sky lit up like this, from the new screens on BofA Stadium. Those thing put out a serious amount of light! It was pitch black outside everywhere else when I took this.

post-11339-0-24740600-1417569610_thumb.j

Edited by ScottCLT