Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

They've been working on this for about a month now, every time I thought they were done they kept adding more to it.  Pretty cool wall art.

This is on 5th street on the side of Phil's Tavern.

a69VViG.jpg

I can't stand this thing. It's not the 'art' part that I dislike - but the fact that the rest of the building is green and you have this weird thing that looks extremely out of place on the side. 

I can't stand this thing. It's not the 'art' part that I dislike - but the fact that the rest of the building is green and you have this weird thing that looks extremely out of place on the side. 

old-man-with-cane1-208x300.jpg

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Hahaha, maybe 'out of place' is the wrong term.

Again, it's not the 'art' - it's the big picture for that building. It's that you have one building painted 3 different color schemes. Presumably the intent is to distinguish the three different businesses there: Prohibtion, green/brown; SIP, grey/black; Phil's, space jam. This over all scheme is an 'epicenter-esque' sensory overload and aesthetically displeasing to say the least.

If they replace the awnings and run them across the length of Phil's then it would look a lot better.

post-292-0-51809700-1424296267_thumb.jpg

I would have ignored/removed some of the upstairs window decor for Prohibition and used the vertical brickwork to section off the different storefronts with a paint scheme. It could have looked like a row of 3 different buildings

Edited by 49er

Right now from my "office":

20150224_091928_zpsr8qo7sx2.jpg

Can't wait for the Bearden, and the Knights Stadium out parcel to be developed Even with all the new stuff, this view is still a little sad to me. Snow is pretty though :-).

Second Ward is looking like a Gold mine of development possibilities now that Crescent Stonewall is being planned. So many Surface lots available. Lets hope some 3rd ward Magic transfers to 2nd ward.  

This seems like a great pic to use for RDF to apply his skyline rendering magic...

I love topical humor.  Excellent work.  Also, I don't care what anyone tells me.  It's gold and white.  You can't convince me otherwise.  Science be damned.

I fired two people today for saying that exact thing, so Mr. H, could you please step into my office for a minute?

Edited by Guest

400 S Tryon really could be made so much more interesting just by changing the night lighting scheme.

I about peed myself when I saw that 400 S Tryon pic. :rofl:  

Have we been mislead as to the true CATS color scheme this whole time too?  Rename the Blue Line to UNCC the Gold Line and blame the dress.

I actually have to agree with abttown and add Two Wells Fargo Center to that statement.  Those two buildings, as boring as they typically are on the skyline, could actually add a lot of visual impact with some new lighting.  They're basically just giant canvases waiting for some LED's.  It has got to cost a fortune to light 400 S Tryon with metal halide/sodium (or whatever kinds of spotlights those are.)  I'm still waiting for one of them to be repurposed to get Bruce Wayne in town.

Edited by AuLukey

I saw the photo and thought they bathed it in blue lights at night and it looked so cool.  Then read some comments and thought, I don't know what everybody is talking about.  Then found the dress thing, which I didn't know about.  Working in an almost all male environment does not seem to be conducive to any talk of dress colors.  Anyhow, very clever.  I'm pretty dense sometimes.