Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Google maps finally updated it's 3d model for Charlotte.  Now the ballfield, the park, even Skyhouse and Camden Southline are on there.  I think the last time we had an update, the UNCC building was still u/c.

This makes me unreasonably happy. I'll be back in a couple hours...

11080559_466146776872421_419714756591097

I was buzzing around in my private jet yesterday and got this picture. Just kidding. The amount of parking lots is still a little nauseating.I'll be so thrilled when Trinity, Tryon Place, and Crescent are complete.

Edited by Guest

11080559_466146776872421_419714756591097

I was buzzing around in my private jet yesterday and got this picture. Just kidding. The amount of parking lots is still a little nauseating.I'll be so thrilled when Trinity, Tryon Place, and Crescent are complete.

This picture definitely highlights how important those three projects are for center city and right outside the loop... What's interesting though, is that some friends of mine and I were out and about on Friday to take in the NCAA tourney scene since it was in town. After getting off the light rail, we did a lot of walking around between East Blvd and near Morehead (hit up Craft finally, which was awesome). You literally couldn't turn around without walking into an apartment building going up. 135 Morehead is just massive when you walk by it. It's just weird to see of much going up, yet you look at this picture and there is yet so much more opportunity. 

Edited by wend28
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see a sea of green. A view from the top of one of the high buidlings in the CBD will show how puny this skyline is compared to the glorious surrounding landscape. Green, Green, Green. Ripples of the Appalachians to the west. The vast housing areas swallowed by the green surrounding in every direction. To a European from a very old city, who once said that Charlotte is not really a city. It is houses within a forest.

That's what makes it a "Green City"!! :fun:

I see a sea of green. A view from the top of one of the high buidlings in the CBD will show how puny this skyline is compared to the glorious surrounding landscape. Green, Green, Green. Ripples of the Appalachians to the west. The vast housing areas swallowed by the green surrounding in every direction. To a European from a very old city, who once said that Charlotte is not really a city. It is houses within a forest.

True Charlotte won't be a EUropean city anytime soon. Keep in mind the US is a few hundred yrs young. While European cities are so damn old theyve had to build on top of themselves. I love and appreciate London, Rome, etc and they have their own unique charm.. But for us southern folks whove seen what Charlotte has become in such a short period it excites us and why shoudnt it. WThe county just reached 1,000,000 people. Ove 19,000 condo/apt units are in the works or planned and the Blue line extension and street cars are happening. Those few street parking lots should be gone in no less then 5 years and who knows what other towers  will be under way by then.

Few cities have the pride Charlotte does and I find it endearing, And as far as the trees go. Thank God we preserve them. Clean air is nice!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...