Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

• 2 weeks later...

^ I really like the density in that second shot.  However I'm saddened by how DEAD that stretch is at street level from essentially the 7-11 all the way past Graham now.  Not a single spot of retail space in Element, the Residence INN, I guess you could kind of consider the ballfield gift shop entrance something, but then you've got that parking deck and then Woodfield Graham.  Sad face.

• Like 1

^ I really like the density in that second shot.  However I'm saddened by how DEAD that stretch is at street level from essentially the 7-11 all the way past Graham now.  Not a single spot of retail space in Element, the Residence INN, I guess you could kind of consider the ballfield gift shop entrance something, but then you've got that parking deck and then Woodfield Graham.  Sad face.

Yea, at least some street vendors would help. Otherwise, the photo is fantastic. 

^^^That is amazing. 

It's hard to tell, that looks like dozens of buildings on the top of my head.
With all the talk of "Beiging" and bland structures being built lately, I wonder if, in the last century, there was a time when people said "Stop building so many bland brick buildings! They have no character!" 

If only uptown had art this nice on buildings. Here's to hoping greystar doesn't value engineer out the mural on ascent. 

Would kill for something like one of these guys again :-)

first-union-charlotte-hornets-murals.jpg

Edited by Guest

If only we had even more large, visible blank walls in Uptown to paint these upon...  Vue, Trademark, Omni, Discovery Place, (future) Foundation for the Carolinas building pocket park, and backside of AACC, I'm looking at you.  If Phil's... or whatever they're calling it now, can do it.  So can you.

large.Skyline1.jpg.be100c2a0783c550f62f2

Thought this was an interesting angle... A couple people have started putting engraved locks on the fence over the Matheson Bridge à la Pont des Arts in Paris.

This is a fantastic photo! However, the Matheson bridge lacks the je ne sais quois of Pont des Arts, so I'd have to question the kind of love you'd find up there.

• 2 weeks later...