Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

My friend took this today with his new drone. #geocatchlight Used with permission. 

Georgeskylineshot.jpg

can you ask him if he has a higher resolution version? Would love to photoshop this into a future skyline rendering. 

1 hour ago, go_vertical said:

Now that's a healthy skyline that is filling in rather quickly. Anyone that still says Charlotte's skyline isn't dense is simply full of it.

I know! This angle screams density. In 3-5 years time, the area around DEC will fill out even more with Tryon Place and the LH project. From this angle, DEC won't look as tall as it does now either.

• Like 1

On September 2, 2016 at 6:40 PM, go_vertical said:

Now that's what I'm talking about. I do have to ask though, the tower you have across the street from where the presley is now, are we expecting something around that height there or is that a result of some creative liberties?

That's a building featured in the Brooklyn village master plan. 

Charlotte has reached a new plateau and it;s awesome to see happen. The thing I have always loved about Charlotte is that it continues to surprise us. The architecture isn't always the best , but I must say The Garrison and the new hotel across from it are superb. 

I think we can all agree that the North End of Uptown desperately needs more activity. I love the twin apartment towers so to speak, but I had hoped for something more in the 40 floor range especially since it's right at inner 277 and it would have made such a bigger statement. The good news is that there is plenty of other tracts to be developed nearby.  

• Like 1