Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Fortunately in person it's easy to not notice power lines.

Biking up S Tryon from that angle at night is the BEST experience. Duke tower is a marvel to behold.

Not to poopoo the future Observer parcel project, but I hope they have a setback or something to keep Duke visible like this.

Edited by SgtCampsalot

3 minutes ago, RiverwoodCLT said:
Are they going to build around the office building on the corner of Stonewall & College?

They are going to either build on top of it or demolish it.

This was the most recent version, but it has since changed completely. I'm working everyday, trying to get something I am allowed to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 5.44.51 PM.png

tryon-place6.jpg

Edited by Guest

Geez, the city is getting big. Seriously, please urban mall, publix and a few more amenities. 

I can say amongst UNCC students and millenials I work with for the bank love uptown. I can remember when uptown was a lame place but now it's the cool place, it seems. 

• Like 3

Looking at Nick2's photo, you can really see the tremendous potential church street has if the parking decks and lone parking lot are redeveloped.  I believe the parking lot diagonally behind the Carillion Building is slated for a hotel project (grand bohemian?).  Anyways, the church street street-scape would be greatly improved if the several block stretch of low-rise parking decks became towers with ground floor retail or restaurants and the parking moved underground or moved to the several floors between street level and the first occupied floors of the towers.

• Like 1

Looking at Nick2's photo, you can really see the tremendous potential church street has if the parking decks and lone parking lot are redeveloped.  I believe the parking lot diagonally behind the Carillion Building is slated for a hotel project (grand bohemian?).  Anyways, the church street street-scape would be greatly improved if the several block stretch of low-rise parking decks became towers with ground floor retail or restaurants and the parking moved underground or moved to the several floors between street level and the first occupied floors of the towers.

Nop, nothing slated for the parking lot, just the Tryon facing greenery

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk