cltheel.sdl

You're right though. It would look awesome without the lines and poles

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

4a5cc9ae21412870cd93e9f32de1923d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It's a fantastic pic! If I had some extra time I could photoshop out the lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/17/2017 at 7:16 PM, NCMike1990 said:

Beautiful hi-res image of Charlotte seen from space. Taken 2/5/17. Source: https://tinyurl.com/gqpgsrd

You can clearly see the development along Stonewall, the I-77 toll project, and the Lynx Blue Line Ext.

I would love to have this image blown up and hung on my wall.

32859740345_ecc799a23e_o.jpg

The thing that jumped out at me from looking at the city from this perspective, is how parallel 85 and 77 are, and how nicely Brookshire and Freedom create a block Northwest of the city

Edited by archiham04
  • Like 2

Nice shot. I was first introduced to Charlotte back in '98 and to be able to witness the skyline more that double in size since then has been nothing short of jaw dropping. I can only imagine what a picture from that angle will look like in another twenty years.

And that stretch between the Arlington and DEC is just screaming for some height.

• Like 3

Nice shot. I was first introduced to Charlotte back in '98 and to be able to witness the skyline more that double in size since then has been nothing short of jaw dropping. I can only imagine what a picture from that angle will look like in another twenty years.

And that stretch between the Arlington and DEC is just screaming for some height.

I know there will be the 600+ foot LH tower, a 400+\- Tryon Place and it's hotel/residential tower, a 30-35 floor residential and another 20 floor building between DEC and the stadium, plus 170 foot building between Arlington and the Stadium, our new mystery building in southend, the DFA building to the left of Arlington and a 20+ floor apartment tower at Design Center. Greatly stretching out the skyline.

Love it. I think the immediate area around Cabaret is currently a sleeping lion. Uptown is now butted up against 277 and the more southern stretch of South End has seen solid development. I'm hoping the floodgates along Morehead will open up soon. Still bummed out about 1000 S. Tryon being cancelled but the list you just provided certainly eases the pain a little.

Edited by go_vertical
Lax proofreading

Thanks. I did not know that. I understand this was the Trinity Partners' office project at the corner of Tryon and Morehead. There was speculation here on UP that The Charlotte Observer would be the anchor tenant.

Well the observer took only a floor in a half at NASCAR plaza.
It's interesting 1000 S Tryon failed, maybe it was just before its time. Other medium to large scale projects in southend have done well, and we are going to start hearing some big leases in the remaining office projects pretty soon, if all goes well. What's interesting is the "build to Suit" projects going on in Southend. First DFA, next this new mystery RFP, and not far behind there is another 100ish-k build to suit deep in the works.

It's amazing to see KJHburg's photos from Southpark area and to see how the Panther's scoreboards are part of the skyline now.  I've noticed it before but wanted to see how tall it actually is.  Took awhile to find the height with the updated scoreboards, but I believe on the website it says from ground level to the top of the scoreboard is 211'.  Another note on the opposite side of town, the skyhouses always look so small in photos (height wise), but I drive up Graham everyday for work and they definitely have a larger presence.  I think when we view photos of our skyline, until you walk uptown, you don't really realize the street perspective/scale of the buildings and how tall the tall ones really are.  Pretty cool!

• Like 4