Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Okay thanks did not notice that but that is strange why would they not update the google earth feature too?  I know many of the Google street views are updated like I can see the 615 South College but not from above. Very interesting and I guess a fast growing city like Charlotte is hard to keep up with. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, NCMike1990 said:

Not sure about Google Earth, but the satellite imagery found in Maps has been updated for some time now. You have to use Google Maps in "Lite mode" to see the satellite imagery, which is dated October 2016, so is fairly recent.

I was confounded at not finding the "lite" option via menu or button, so looked up, it is a querystring parameter, so for others: https://www.google.com/maps/?force=lite (just don't zoom in so close it goes to 3D mode, or a year or so will be lost)

Edited by nowensone
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, nowensone said:

I was confounded at not finding the "lite" option via menu or button, so looked up, it is a querystring parameter, so for others: https://www.google.com/maps/?force=lite (just don't zoom in so close it goes to 3D mode, or a year or so will be lost)

I could not find it either thanks for the link I will use that for now on. It is strange though it does not default to that with more updated aerials when just using maps.google.com 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nowensone said:

Once you zoom in too close it does go to 3D mode, but there is a window icon on the right side that will disable 3D view.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JoshuaDrown said:

The skyline is always looking good from the condos at SKYE. 

58fe45b5629c6_222SCaldwellStreet1909_AT-17.thumb.jpg.6ff9ac098307be359b696c74b16b6523.jpg

In addition to the gorgeous composition, light and color of this beautiful photo of the QC, what makes it even more astonishing is the mid-ground image of the LYNX light rail train zipping into the CTC.  This photo captures a vision of Charlotte as a dynamic, vibrant and urbane 21st century American metropolis.  Lovely!          

• Like 4

1 hour ago, QCxpat said:

In addition to the gorgeous composition, light and color of this beautiful photo of the QC, what makes it even more astonishing is the mid-ground image of the LYNX light rail train zipping into the CTC.  This photo captures a vision of Charlotte as a dynamic, vibrant and urbane 21st century American metropolis.  Lovely!          

And its ruined by a big giant parking lot.

7 minutes ago, Dale said:

Sorry if I missed it, but are there rumblings of anything happening with that lot ?

I think 1/3 of it is on the market for sale, and the other 2/3 is up for land lease. Its a valuable and centrally located piece of land, I'm sure it'll become something sooner than later.

On 4/25/2017 at 9:37 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Ah! but not for long RDF.  This surface parking lot and the numerous ones like it in Levineland will vanish like a frightful dream as Charlotte continues to magically metamorphoses into one of America's newest, most beautiful and soulful cities over the next quarter century.  That's thanks, in no small part, to writers and artists like yourself whose love & passion for the QC engenders enormous faith and confidence in the QC's future.     

Edited by QCxpat
correct spelling of plural tense of metamorphoses

21 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Ah! but not for long RDF.  This surface parking lot and the numerous ones like it in Levineland will vanish like a frightful dream as Charlotte continues to magically metamorphosize into one of America's newest, most beautiful and soulful cities over the next quarter century.  That's thanks, in no small part, to writers and artists like yourself whose love & passion for the QC engenders enormous faith and confidence in the QC's future.