Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

6 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I love Duke Energy Center I wonder if Duke moves out to their own tower will it revert to the Wells Fargo Center? They own it so I wonder. 

Based on the intel I got. Duke will stay in both places. I don't think they'd ever dream of giving up that pimpy 48th floor.

1 hour ago, SentioVenia said:

From Saturday:

(Not gonna quote the pics)

Love those pics! From that angle it sorta reminds me of the Devon Energy Tower in Oklahoma City. Also makes it look like our only skyscraper, gives a sense of what CLT would feel like if it was a smaller city like Birmingham. 

Edited by CLT704

It's slowly looking better and better. I think it would look pretty cool if they let the intensity of the lighting gradually fade away as it cascaded down the facade. Super bright at the top and a smooth transition to "not so bright" as it got down to the bottom 20% or so of the building.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

My friend took this near Johnson C Smith Univ. today. We need some taller buildings on N Tryon for sure. Maybe the Intercontinental Hotel will help and surely the Lennar apartment tower will.

FullSizeR (9).jpg

Intercontinental will be behind Avenue and Vue from this angle. Lennar should be just visible on the edge of the vue, as the tower will be oriented toward 8th. Your hope is in Spirit Square, Levine and Hal Marshall. 

Honestly if one crops out that one building's roof and below, the whole thing looks like a real inspiration for the "Megalopolis" backdrop in the original SNES SimCity. I know I'm both old and a geek for that but I care zero, heh.

They're spectacular pics in any case! BofA's flaming-hot crown in the second is marvelous.

• Like 2