Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

5 hours ago, Vitamin_N said:

Did anybody snap any eclipse photos in uptown on Monday?

I do but they are all from Charleston under totality. Even with 98% coverage here in Charlotte that 2% sun was enough to make it look like a t-storm was coming up. Everyone I talked to who saw it here said we have been darker during the daytime with an impending storm.  However in Charleston for about 90 seconds it was completely dark and it was amazing to see how quickly it became dark and how quickly it became lighter again. 

• Like 2

Couple from today including the tallest building outside the loop the desert rose glass clad Arlington condo tower.in South End. Notice the new townhomes underway by the Camden Grandview apartments. Look for a peek of everyone's favorite apartment tower the Uptown Stunner Ascent.  

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

I think getting first ward going would have the biggest impact in expanding the skyline. Second ward does have a number of under utilized lots but first has the largest contiguous blank canvas.

Eh. 3rd ward was a blank canvas too. I'm going to include Duke Tower and the Stonewall Corridor (even though it stretches to 2nd ward) as being part of that 3rd ward blank canvas. 

There will have to be some catalyst in 1st ward to get the ball moving. 3rd ward/South Tryon portion of uptown is building on its own momentum at this point mostly because of those game changing projects (Knights stadium, Romare Park, DEC tower).

i wish I could find the rendering put out by Center City Partners or whoever who had a rendering of the 277 loops reconfigured with building lining Stonewall (and had 210 trade, Vue, and DEC even though I think neither were completed at the time). Crazy how spot on the Stonewall Corridor came to be 

2nd ward has lots of buildings, a park, schools, structures, churches that it would be cool to see new developments form around these established places, bring life to them, etc. It wouldn't be just mega block apartments. 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

10 hours ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

If even just a couple projects in 2nd Ward can get off the ground, The Charlotte skyline will be so big and compact unlike our southern peers that have clusters of skyscrapers in different areas. I'm fine keeping skyscrapers confined to uptown and low/midrise to the rest of center city. 

p2470738269-4.jpg

ClearSky has the best aerial photography of Charlotte around.

• Like 3

On 9/7/2017 at 10:06 PM, Nick2 said:

Oh man that shot from North tryon is gorgeous. The pyramid shape from the north looking at clts skyline is stunning.

It has a nice throwback look to it. Granted, some if that may be the 8,000 antiquated power lines in your face, but it's a nice way to step back into the old to better appreciate the new.

• Like 1