Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

13 minutes ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

It has a nice throwback look to it. Granted, some if that may be the 8,000 antiquated power lines in your face, but it's a nice way to step back into the old to better appreciate the new.

I've said it before but I don't mind the power lines in a shot like that. It shows the gleaming uptown of Charlotte up against the normal strip of road of Charlotte. The difference of the two while being so prominent in the same picture really adds to the overall appeal.

• Like 3

The exposure in this picture almost makes the top of that deck look green. At first I had to do a double take thinking this picture was a rendering of the deck's remodel. Made me think how I'd almost be praising this deck if it had some street level retail and green/rec space on top. A boy can dream...
  • Like 3

The exposure in this picture almost makes the top of that deck look green. At first I had to do a double take thinking this picture was a rendering of the deck's remodel. Made me think how I'd almost be praising this deck if it had some street level retail and green/rec space on top. A boy can dream...

There have been towers between 25-33 proposed for that little lot. I think it's under contract for residential/hotel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0733.JPG

The layering / density in this shimmering  photograph by @KJHburg is exquisite.  Appearing left to right are: (i) 400 South Tryon, 420 feet, 32 stories; (ii) Top of The Vue, 560 feet, 51 stories; (iii) Top of the Carillon Tower, 394 feet, 24 stories; (iv) 300 South Tryon, 463 feet, 25 stories; (v) Three Wells Fargo Center, 450 feet, 32 stories; and (vi) The Westin Charlotte, 293 feet, 25 stories.  

• Like 1

Nice pics!  Even though the Skyhouses aren't shown above in the last pic, I like the N Graham perspective too because the Skyhouses really stretch out the skyline.  A lot of times the Skyhouses look so small compared to everything else, but from this perspective, they look pretty big.  I'll try and get a shot as well.

• Like 2