Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

On 11/8/2017 at 8:55 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I personally think of Charlotte as not hilly at all. I think of Raleigh as pretty damn hilly.

Here is a study. That I'm going to read to see lol.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Crystal_Kolden/publication/281672365_The_Hilliness_of_US_Cities/links/59fe25260f7e9b9968c3ce48/The-Hilliness-of-US-Cities.pdf

I agree.  Chapel Hill is hilly.  Charlotte is flat.

40 minutes ago, NCMike1990 said:

You can already see Legacy Union creeping up. It's going to look really nice from this angle and will help balance out the skyline.

Tryon Place, Duke, Legacy Union and Lennar will do a lot to balance out and lengthen the skyline from this angle.  I would also think 550 Stonewall will be somewhat visible.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

Because of Imaginon, 7th Street Station, Transamerica Square First United Methodist, Discovery Place and Spirit Square, it might be a while before that gap between 525 N. Tryon and Hearst is filled in.  I guess having those cultural institutions taking up space is a good thing, but It'll be a tough gap to develop. The Spirit Square and Library build out should have at least one 12 floor building and two ranging from 15-25 floors, so that'll go a long way, but who knows when that'll happen. Lennar will be grouped and oriented closer toward 525 N. Tryon so that'll only help from the Central Ave. Bridge.

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Because of Imaginon, 7th Street Station, Transamerica Square First United Methodist, Discovery Place and Spirit Square, it might be a while before that gap between 525 N. Tryon and Hearst is filled in.  I guess having those cultural institutions taking up space is a good thing, but It'll be a tough gap to develop. The Spirit Square and Library build out should have at least one 12 floor building and two ranging from 15-25 floors, so that'll go a long way, but who knows when that'll happen. Lennar will be grouped and oriented closer toward 525 N. Tryon so that'll only help from the Central Ave. Bridge.

Intercontinental will be 31 floors and help tighten the gap a little......

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Intercontinental will be 31 floors and help tighten the gap a little......

It'll be really nestled into Hearst though. It'll be prominent, but still not do very much for the gap.

I visited Christmas Village on Tuesday and there appeared to be no downtown workers there, just casual visitors such as I. 7 of the tents were closed and the vibe was a pulse of 38/min. A vendor who makes bead and jewelry said Thanksgiving weekend was strong. Midweek sparse, as it truly was.I bought something and had lunch at French Quarter.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

I visited Christmas Village on Tuesday and there appeared to be no downtown workers there, just casual visitors such as I. 7 of the tents were closed and the vibe was a pulse of 38/min. A vendor who makes bead and jewelry said Thanksgiving weekend was strong. Midweek sparse, as it truly was.I bought something and had lunch at French Quarter.

We went last night around 5:30.  There was a lot going on last night I think, which helped bring in people.  All the art museums were free last night for touring and there was also the annual tree lighting at BOAC which had live music, the ACC mascots, and news ppl.  Guess it depends on what day and time, but also now that it is actually December...I think foot traffic to the Christmas village will increase every week leading up to the 25th.

• Like 1