Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

3 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Does anyone know if Fourth Ward will ever change? I love the houses and cottages but it doesn't have a good effect on the aerial shots of the city. 

I know the whiskey tastes good in your coffee, but you should cut it out a bit. It has an AWESOME effect on the aerials of the city. I personally LOVE that theres a village in the middle of uptown. You crazy Bro? 

There is plenty to develop in the rest of uptown, leave fourth ward alone.

Edited by Guest

21 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I know the whiskey tastes good in your coffee, but you should cut it out a bit. It has an AWESOME effect on the aerials of the city. I personally LOVE that theres a village in the middle of uptown. You crazy Bro? 

There is plenty to develop in the rest of uptown, leave fourth ward alone.

I like it from the ground don’t get me wrong, Just in my taste I do not like it from the aerial. I like that we have a village too, I just don’t think it’s helpful to our Skyline. But you are correct, There are the plenty more other places to develop then this village.

I believe the most 4th ward will see is a little bit of development along the periphery nearest Tryon and Trade. What really stands out to me is the drastic transition from 25-30 story towers to 3-4 story residential. I think a few 8-15 story buildings along the edge would make for a smoother transition. The meat of the ward has some better looking and higher quality stock than a good chunk of what is being built today.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, AuLukey said:

There are tons of those houses still valued in the mid to low $300k’s right now. If a wise investor came through, they’d see the potential there. I’d wager that most, if not all, of those houses crack $500k in the next decade and approach $1m as soon as 2035 as Uptown densifies and land becomes scarce inside the loop. That neighborhood will be a gem in Uptown pretty soon and we’ll be glad to have it.

That may be one benefit of the stalling of N Tryon development. It has prevented a developer from land grabbing most of this residential. That gives the land and houses time to organically grow in value to the point where buying them out wouldn’t be financially responsible. Thanks to N Tyron’s lack of success up until recently, this neighborhood should survive the buildout of Uptown.

Also, I’ll second RDF, I LOVE it in skyline shots. So much green (rather than gray parking lots.)

A friend's family has a condo in fourth ward. They bought it for a bit under 200k 6 years ago. It's valued at 350 now. Talk about a good investment.

@gman430Absolutely gorgeous shots. Thanks for sharing!

I rather have funky lights than boring white lights.

but I wish 300 South Tryon would choose colors that mesh well. Blue balls on Tryon hotel with its orange lit crow then a lime green on the sail of 300 South Tryon with purple going up and down the rest of the building.... it’s odd, lol.

better than white, but a little color coordination would go a long way 

30 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

The CLT skyline from the CLT deck today. 

IMG_4855.JPG

Darn, I thought Legacy Union would have a better impact here, Its almost lined up with DEC. Looks like only Tryon Place will make a big impact from this angle.  It'll be 100 feet taller than the Westin. Market 42, and Intercontinental should fill a gap though, each will be just under 400 feet. The only additional legacy union building that would make an impact would be the hotel I suspect will go on Hill and Tryon, and I doubt it'll be more than 350 feet tall. 

Edited by Guest