Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

2 hours ago, CLTNative said:

Meanwhile, at lunch yesterday...

Elvis.jpg

People mocked me when I said Charlotte is slowly becoming the new Vegas.

17 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Random shots of the city today and I thought of a new slogan :  Charlotte the Most Wired City!   That uptown stunner the Ascent is really growing on me.  

IMG_8279.JPG

Dude, I honestly think you could jump out of an airplane over Charlotte and have a pretty good chance of survival. It looks like a freakin' net over the entire city.

• Haha 2

^^^ Yes that was I-85 in west Mecklenburg saw the sign for Mulberry Rd which is now Billy Graham Parkway it is amazing there was no guardrails between the 2 directions of I-85.

I forgot that old Professional building 8 stories at N Tryon and 7th was taken down to build the 400 N Tryon building.  Look how much had changed in the mid 1970s when I took this photo on the overstreet walkway bridge over Tryon from Belks to Iveys department stores.  

FullSizeR (13).jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, UPNoDa said:

^simply amazing!!   Did that stand alone billboard on the corner say WBT in giant letters?   I recall seeing that as a kid in the car with my parents.

Yes it did!   My aunt worked at Belks uptown so I was always riding along with my uncle to pick her up back in the day when I spent my summer vacations like a month right here in Charlotte. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UPNoDa said:

Found this on youTube...blew me away seeing uptown in '69.   Love all of the big wide station wagons (pre-SUV era)   Also, fair warning,  city shots stop at 1:03.  From there it's anybody's guess as to what road they were on.  Might have been 85 before widening but can't tell.   Enjoy

I posted this last fall on here and yes it's amazing to see. Especially Tryon Street.

1:15 is this location on I-85  https://goo.gl/maps/8NDVKz4GH742

1:43 is this location on I-85 in Gaston County, between Belmont and McAdenville.  https://goo.gl/maps/CVAPqxNXtJ92

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Nice light this morning

6696A473-DD8E-41EE-983F-962BA8D27361.jpeg

@Matthew.Brendan  Looks like you caught a rainbow - upper right-hand corner and also reflected on the Westin’s glass facade lower left-side.  The clearing sky, the density and layering effect of the buildings, and the shimmering rainbow — C’est magnifique!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, QCxpat said:

@Matthew.Brendan  Looks like you caught a rainbow - upper right-hand corner and also reflected on the Westin’s glass facade lower left-side.  The clearing sky, the density and layering effect of the buildings, and the shimmering rainbow — C’est magnifique!

Pretty sure it's just the reflection of lights behind him from the room he's in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1