Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

5 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Ah yes I remember seeing your park now. Thanks.  A shame NCDOT owns it. It looks awfully barren as it is today (and forever?)

Its a tough piece of land, no real road connectivity, its on a slope, etc. 

51 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Who cares about Nashville when we have our own toys 98C57707-57B2-4FDB-BB5A-A0F4D3CADB41.jpeg

Are they still doing the light display lettering on the exterior of 300 S. Tryon (Barings bldg)? Haven’t seen anything on that in a while... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hunted said:

Are they still doing the light display lettering on the exterior of 300 S. Tryon (Barings bldg)? Haven’t seen anything on that in a while... 

No. I’ve never seen it. And I’m uptown almost daily and nightly 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Uncommonly seen angle of the W Trade St church (forget the name). Beautiful angles this structure creates!

Taken from the (gorgeous) Old Settlers' Cemetery at Church St and 5th St

20180502_145049.jpg

20180502_145058.jpg

After Hurricane Hugo in 1989 the spire of 1st Presby was askew, leaning, and it took Pete Verna, a local concrete specialty engineer and teams of steeplejacks several months to return it to its rightful and safe position for the next 130 years.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KJHburg said:

from rival WSOC TV Chopper 9 today from their twitter feed

This is  postcard worthy shot. 

Wsoctvshot.jpg

This photo illustrates just how much the big 4 in Charlotte (Hearst, Vue, DEC, BOACC) skews the density of Charlotte. Itty Bitty AC Hotel in there is the tallest hotel in the carolinas. It would be the second tallest building in Greensboro. 

4 minutes ago, Jalen said:

Managed to park at Dowd Y and hop a fence to get this pretty cool pano of like 8 projects in one shot. Check it out!

9C9F8985-1A19-4A4F-958B-402C4AC5D328.jpeg

Also will be viewable from here. Tryon Place, JW Marriott, Duke Energy Center #2.

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Also will be viewable from here. Tryon Place, JW Marriott, Duke Energy Center #2.

Wow, @ricky_davis_fan_21 starting to think more on how good the views would be if they did put a pocket park there like the one you drew up.  How feasible would it be to actually put a public park there? 

48 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I’m sorry I read JW Marriot? I don’t recall seeing one of those announced. And Ah, The time of year when everyone breaks out their one golf related outfit they bought at Belk to go take selfies with golfers we see in commercials. My favorite time indeed.

Edited by Cadi40