Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

7 minutes ago, bluehedgehogNS said:

Also, does anyone else experience this? I was trying to take a picture of Hearst Tower while walking along Tryon, and a security guard approached me and told me I couldn’t take a picture. I only got this picture because I was in a car, stopped at a red light.

I always take pictures. Obviously too. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bluehedgehogNS said:

Also, does anyone else experience this? I was trying to take a picture of Hearst Tower while walking along Tryon, and a security guard approached me and told me I couldn’t take a picture. I only got this picture because I was in a car, stopped at a red light.

Take as many pics as you want as long as you're on public property and aren't using some sort of high powered lens that could invade someone's privacy. 

That security guard has probably been told to discourage photos as some sort of anti-terrorism stance and he's just doing what he's told but there's no legal basis to keep you from taking photos if you follow the rules above. 

Edited by Crucial_Infra

13 minutes ago, bluehedgehogNS said:

I have been stopped by a security guard taking a pic of BOA. Cellphone mind you, nothing professional looking.  I get the post 9/11 concern but if we always live our lives in that paranoid state, the bad guys win. Let people take pictures of our city.  'They' should be more concerned about apps like Google earth. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

So is a plaza considered an extension of the sidewalk or is that the start of the premises of a property? 

that plaza would all be part of the Hearst Plaza property.  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BullDurhamer said:

can we get some pictures of people enjoying some astroturf in the middle of the city on a 95 degree day?

Guide-Dog-Project-319.jpg

obviously an old pic missing 3 towers but i was too lazy to find a pic. It’s usually crowded, always. 

But there’s your AstroTurf pic ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1