Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

5 hours ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Saturday afternoon to evening screenshots from my favorite webcam featuring some stormy weather including hail.  

IMG_3453.GIF

I really do love the colored lights. I took a drive around tonight & they are just as nice going between the buildings as they are from a distance. I forget which thread we were talking about this being our thing, but I hope this remains our thing.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Hunted said:

Pleased to see that Tryon Place and Legacy Union will be erecting concurrently. Who would have thunk it?!

Definitely not I. I thought it would be built concurrently with 615.  Then an entire office tower accompanied by a hotel was built, the Charlotte Observer building was bought (and a few people here lamented the loss of it for god knows what reason) and now a tower by Bank of America is not too far from being complete, a bank I never heard of will soon be building a tower by the BBT stadium and apparently we could have a new tallest by Duke.

This project was one of the first projects announced this cycle. Before “Bearden” aka ascent was announced. Or museum tower or AC hotel maybe around the time of Element and Skyhouse I.

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jtmonk said:

Those cranes are for Legacy Union, Tryon Place, and the one in the distance is for Northwood Ravin.  You won't see a DEC crane for at least a year. 

The window washing thing in the handle 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 2

Photo courtesy of Skytracker. Damn. looks like a real city. Once you get Even, Tryon Place, JW Marriott (still my guess), 600 South Tryon (I'm guessing 22 floors of office), Duke Energy Center #2 (somewhere between 36 and 65 floors), a 1000 room hotel (I'm guessing where Duke's Data Center is now), this is going to be a intensely urban photograph, if its not already.

DfBEJzzW0AMMFLT-1.jpg

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Photo courtesy of Skytracker. Damn. looks like a real city. Once you get Even, Tryon Place, JW Marriott (still my guess), 600 South Tryon (I'm guessing 22 floors of office), Duke Energy Center #2 (somewhere between 36 and 65 floors), a 1000 room hotel (I'm guessing where Duke's Data Center is now), this is going to be a intensely urban photograph, if its not already.

DfBEJzzW0AMMFLT-1.jpg

LOVE that mural.  How much is going to be visible after the 2nd hotel?  I'm sure they know what they are doing but I'd hate for that to get lost.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JBS said:

LOVE that mural.  How much is going to be visible after the 2nd hotel?  I'm sure they know what they are doing but I'd hate for that to get lost.

Oh its going to get lost. not sure why they wasted so much money on such a small visible portion. Maybe 30% will be visibile from certain angles of SouthEnd It will be 2% visible from this angle for context.

Edited by Guest