Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Oh its going to get lost. not sure why they wasted so much money on such a small visible portion. Maybe 30% will be visibile from certain angles of SouthEnd

Crazy!  I guess the guests in the hotel will enjoy it.  Really a shame...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JBS said:

Crazy!  I guess the guests in the hotel will enjoy it.  Really a shame...

Lol this is mostly where the elevators and elevator lobbies sit, and it'll be permanently in shadow. $2.5M on a dark hidden piece of art. 

Edited by Guest

^65 floors would be taller than BAC Corp. Plus modern skyscrapers tend to have higher floors: 300ST is 25 floors at 463' whilst First Citizens is 23 floors at 320' (both according to The Skyscraper Center). Also stick a crown/spire or whatever and you have a new tallest building. 

BOAT in NYC: 1200' and 55 floors.

Comcast Tech Center in Philly: 1121' with 60 floors.

Salesforce in San Fran: 1070' with 61 floors. 

Wilshire Grand: 1100' with 73 floors. 

Edited by CLT704
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Lol this is mostly where the elevators and elevator lobbies sit, and it'll be permanently in shadow. $2.5M on a dark hidden piece of art. 

This just blows my mind. Who paid for that? I mean I’m glad it’s happening at all, but for a city with so little public art it’s crazy that once someone finally puts up some real money for art it ends up essentially hidden. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

This just blows my mind. Who paid for that? I mean I’m glad it’s happening at all, but for a city with so little public art it’s crazy that once someone finally puts up some real money for art it ends up essentially hidden. 

A friend helped pay for it, so I don't wanna disclose lol

That's a good metaphor for how I feel about Crescent, and Charlotte's take on things as a whole.

What one could easily do with one man and an armory of paint, these jokers do with one specific world class artists and $2+ million.*

It's a lot like how development and transportation in general works here (and many cities, to be fair).

*I know both if these projects are by Crescent :P

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:06 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Photo courtesy of Skytracker. Damn. looks like a real city. Once you get Even, Tryon Place, JW Marriott (still my guess), 600 South Tryon (I'm guessing 22 floors of office), Duke Energy Center #2 (somewhere between 36 and 65 floors), a 1000 room hotel (I'm guessing where Duke's Data Center is now), this is going to be a intensely urban photograph, if its not already.

DfBEJzzW0AMMFLT-1.jpg

There are two great points in this statement: (1) the Duke Energy Center #2 possibly being 65 floors, and (2) the redevelopment of the uber-eyesore Duke Data Center.

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I spy 5 cranes do you?  Today Legacy and Tryon Place from South College Street. 1st photo. 

Hey thank God its Monday which means the weekend is only 4 days away! 

2nd photo is a clear and unobstructed view of uptown from N Brevard St LOL 

IMG_9909.JPG

@Tyrone Wiggum, let's see that photoshop wizardry. You know what to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cjolley92 said:

3A601B67-D300-4343-874E-1ECDDABEE177.jpeg

Just wait until Spectrum announces a big project between Uptown and Railyard, Southend will blend into uptown from this angle. 

Edited by Guest

37 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

Ok, so I'll be the one to ask (you knew this was coming).

Do you know of a pending announcement or do you just have a hunch?

A little bit of both. I know they are working on something big in Southend, they've said it publicly. I know they control a big chunk of land at South Tryon and Carson Blvd, and I know 1100 South Tryon is going to be knocked down in the next year or two. I also have heard they are working on something kinda like railyard but bigger.  So 2+2+2=New Project in Southend that I imagine will be announced by year end.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

A little bit of both. I know they are working on something big in Southend, they've said it publicly. I know they control a big chunk of land at South Tryon and Carson Blvd, and I know 1100 South Tryon is going to be knocked down in the next year or two. I also have heard they are working on something kinda like railyard but bigger.  So 2+2+2=New Project in Southend that I imagine will be announced by year end.

Any idea what they are doing with their current building on South?  There has been construction fencing around it for some time, and I know there were plans to re-do the facade, but nothing has been done for some time.  Barringer Construction is plastered on the construction fencing but I couldn't find anything out.