Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

56 minutes ago, JoshuaDrown said:

Graham St Pub & Patio has a pretty stellar view of the skyline from its rooftop bar.

CC160F69-BC09-4BB8-AE2E-6DCD621588A4.thumb.jpeg.d7a12566155678bea38cca6c82c7672f.jpeg

While I'm not one for sports venues, I will always be impressed with how Fenway Park in Boston feels like it's just part of the neighborhood, especially that street with House of Blues right across from it.

I don't remember the rest of the area, but waiting in line at House of Blues right there left an impact on me. You feel like you're in 1900 turn of the century Boston (at least to an out-of-towner).

1.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

While I'm not one for sports venues, I will always be impressed with how Fenway Park in Boston feels like it's just part of the neighborhood, especially that street with House of Blues right across from it.

I don't remember the rest of the area, but waiting in line at House of Blues right there left an impact on me. You feel like you're in 1900 turn of the century Boston (at least to an out-of-towner).

1.jpg

Fenway is BY FAR the best stadium I've ever been in (and I was there prior to any of the renovations).  In the old days (1985), you could get a ticket by the field 30 minutes before game time for a reasonable price.  The concourses were dingy, the seats wooden and narrow and there was little going on around the park that night I visited.  The ambiance and proximity to play were incredible.  I've been to Camden Yards, Petco, AT&T, Dodger Stadium, Turner Field, Kauffman (underrated!) and Fenway is the best.  I've been outside Wrigley but never in it, likely comparable.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CLTranspo said:

Love the skyline from the west side

42D408BF-3CAE-45C6-8F8D-B5BC80175492.jpeg

As much as I hate this "I'm not fat, I'm festively plump" building, I can't wait to see it topped out from the Stadium in September when I fly down to watch us destroy the Cowgirls. 

^^Love that area of town because it's just open enough in some places that you can see six or seven dominant towers in all directions. It's hard to get that much bang for your buck visually unless your standing outside of the main uptown area. 

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Southpark will hopefully gain more height in the future. 

I definitely hope so.  Does anyone know if Southpark has any Building Height restrictions?  On many of the other discussion threads we talk about density and maximum building heights but most of those areas are along Transit and Uptown but what about Southpark?  Does existing zoning in the commercial areas support higher density/building heights by right?

8 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I definitely hope so.  Does anyone know if Southpark has any Building Height restrictions?  On many of the other discussion threads we talk about density and maximum building heights but most of those areas are along Transit and Uptown but what about Southpark?  Does existing zoning in the commercial areas support higher density/building heights by right?

Isn't the traffic around Southpark already really bad?  Taller buildings = more people.  If there is no new transit infrastructure to handle all the additional human beings that taller buildings would invite, that would create a heckuva mess.

Edited by JacksonH