Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

9 minutes ago, NCMike1990 said:

Interesting as this probably means it is for sale and even more interesting it is owned by Barings Real Estate advisers who is connected to Spectrum Properties which wants to develop a new building and hotel on South Tryon.   Bought it in 2015 and probably can make a few bucks off of it now. 

• Like 1

⬆Yeah 22 looks big time! I always forget how dense that JWU area is. Hope the gold line extension spurs some development.  I think the lot with tons of potential is that lot owned by the church. Seen in pic 20. Something in the 25/30+ range would help fill the gap between the Vue. Plus, with gateway, 550 stonewall sister at Polk site (still a go?), and the gold line, think that area could be pretty special someday. 

Charlotte needs to demolish that building in true Charlotte style. That corner is worthy of so much more. Love pic #22. 

That building was supposed to have a 30 floor counterpart, and the triangle shaped roof toward church was meant to hold it. There’s been talks recently of redeveloping that little parking deck and building on that triangle. Here is a rendering with the original tower. e2ac09e307f134a60d8d05a0f974d39c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

That building was supposed to have a 30 floor counterpart, and the triangle shaped roof toward church was meant to hold it. There’s been talks recently of redeveloping that little parking deck and building on that triangle. Here is a rendering with the original tower. e2ac09e307f134a60d8d05a0f974d39c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow very cool. Thanks for posting this. 

Edited by Crucial_Infra

43 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^ what floor is the pool on at the Omni and the Coin bar?  I could not remember last time I was over there. 

It was 2 in the Omni’s elevator, but their lobby is up... so I think it’s the 3rd off the ground.

Edited by JoshuaDrown
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JBS said:

What a great space (and picture)!  And the diversity in the real picture looks nothing like developer renderings!

Reminds me of a party i went to in Canary Wharf in London.  It was at some rooftop terrace loft.  dont remember much, the adult beverages were flowing.

2 hours ago, JoshuaDrown said:

Charlotte hasn’t preserved a ton of old buildings, but we have saved many of our old churches. The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Historic Landmarks Commission says that this is one of the oldest Gothic Revival Style buildings in Mecklenburg County. The Charlotte Colored Presbyterian Church bought this lot at E 7th St and N College St for $900 on February 20, 1873. The First United Presbyterian Church was built in 1894 and still looks beautiful today.

4D33C647-2DB6-40F5-8A01-775889E6D44C.thumb.jpeg.f4280e9144c8ffff0c79bd8eb1f4566a.jpeg

http://www.cmhpf.org/S&Rs Alphabetical Order/surveys&r1stunitedpres.htm

gosh! a $900 lot! can you even imagine?