Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

16 minutes ago, JacksonH said:

I guess this is as good a place as any to post this picture because it's from today.  But I'm wondering what Bakari Sellers' connection is to Charlotte.  It seems that most of the time when he's on TV (which is a lot), he's being broadcast from Charlotte.

BakariSellers      20180726_131723.jpg

Oh Wow, look at that grassy field behind him. 

5 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

This needs to be our future NFL or MLB site. So much space over there. I know there is a business over there but there are literally massive grassy lots just fenced up. 

20180727_202710.thumb.jpg.8a928c614a6d4086066b16adc123a885.jpg

That honestly seems like the most realistic space for a new NFL stadium. That or Fort Mill(kidding). 

1 minute ago, JorgiPorgi said:

That honestly seems like the most realistic space for a new NFL stadium. That or Fort Mill(kidding). 

I approve on the condition of a silver line to the airport phase I going from CTC to gateway to new panthers stadium to the airport using airport $$$

• Like 1

This needs to be our future NFL or MLB site. So much space over there. I know there is a business over there but there are literally massive grassy lots just fenced up. 
20180727_202710.thumb.jpg.8a928c614a6d4086066b16adc123a885.jpg

Every time we make the swing around 277 there, that is all I can think about. What a waste of space and the perfect place for a sports complex. Put the hypothetical new stadium (after 2030) closer to the city on that block and put the sea of tailgate parking up against the interstate. I’m not a fan of parking lots, but come on, that’s a BIG part of the experience for a lot of fans. Use the old location to extend uptown’s growth. At least they’d be out of site.

I just hope our current stadium at least hits the 30 year old mark first. Anything less would be a waste.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, DMann said:

How many folks from that site would walk to Eddie V's or Mortons, or Mimosa's or anywhere after a game?

Fair point, but my counter is:

1) a sports venue shouldn't monopolize any more prime Uptown space than they already are.

2) at the same time, it also doesn't serve the whole population the way it should to have a venue at a remote site, unless it's immediately on a transit line. 

So I feel like this is the right compromise between those two.

...of course it's all theoretical. 

• Like 1