Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

I haven't seen any pictures of 300 S. Tryon or The Vue in over a month....has there been any visible progress at either site since then?

Can I make a photo-tour request?

The Block at South End

Celadon

Skybox/The Annex

The Tremont

Circle at South End/C

Vue

300 S. Tryon

Quarterside/Ledge/Row/etc.

Bloc90

Piedmont Courts/Grubb Redev.

Fenton Place

2208 (?) Roswell

Steelhaus

Skybridge Terrace

Southborough/Lowe's

Plaza Vu (has this begun)

Fat City

Steel Gardens

Morrison

Woodfield Elizabeth

Ayrsley (particularly the new office buildings and Faison townhomes)

Charlotte School of Law (close up so I can see how it relates to the street)

Tyvola LRT station (from the platform)

Apartments at S. Tryon and Bland

Apartments on Hawkins (if there has been any vertical construction)

That should just about cover everything I'm curious in :)

I have to take a big exam in a week so I don't have time right now, but after I get done with that I'd be glad to get some of these for you. I live in SW charlotte and work Uptown (take the lightrail daily) so any requests along that stretch should be pretty convenient for me to get for you.

Isn't it remarkable how black-and-white photography gives things such a timeless look?

This photograph is fantastic. Kudos. :)

Not to mention that generous view you have! Congrats and simply awesome picture. It's very dramatic and un-Charlotte. Looks like it came out of a Quentin Tarantino movie.

Here's a picture I took this AM from the parking deck of my girlfriend's place... Here you can see the LYNX leading into center city, the sea of cranes at the Wachovia and Catalyst sites. The "C" development is visible here too (I'll put a different pic under that topic).

centercityfromparkavenue.jpg

Edited by dbull75

rahulmuk's pic is straight amazing. I'd like to see the Chamber maybe go a little outside its comfort zone and consider that for the photo contest winner.

And dbull's is great too. Reminds me A LOT of Philly and the density you see coming up the Interstate. When all those S Tryong projects get finished that will be a hell of a postcard (cropped just a smidge).

Not sure if anyone saw the Skyline contest winner's picture, but I think it's pretty amazing... This view, with Bobcats arena, is not one you see too often. BTW - the article said a developer recently counted 14 cranes in uptown... That is crazy. Can't wait to see this same shot 2 years from now.

655-skyline.standalone.prod_affiliate.57.jpg

Let's see....in 2 years, 210 Trade will make the biggest presence, due to it being in the foreground, and taking up a lot of "sky" that is visible now. Wachovia should make the next biggest presence., along with Hotel Sierra that will be in the immediate forground. The new BofA will standout, though its outline will be mostly contained within BofA CC, though it and The Vue should eliminate the "5th St. gap" from this angle. Encore will probably pop slightly above the trading floor at Hearst.

In other words...there should be a sold wall of buildings from the new Wachovia all the way to Hearst/Encore in 2 years.

^That steel structure has been roughly the same for a few weeks now. I keep waiting for it to go up further but apparently there's more work to be done elsewhere before the steel frame continues upward.

Actually they have done a good amount of work the last week on the sections closest to stonewall, its still pretty amazing how fast they are working on the project.

From this morning, through dirty glass and looking into bad lighting with some haze (excuses, excuses) Here is an US Airways Airbus A319 (in new colors) taxiing at CLT.

post-1289-1199553911_thumb.jpg

Just imagine how that view will look once the Vue, One Wachovia and the other tower projects are completed or gain some height. Nice picture atlrvr!!