Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

33f16a5deff6b7fc05e56c770955c9e4.jpg&key=157ac5782cd9aa5adc8866ef269a02c698c42f20823f1612bc6c3451caf57357799ace33a5453effd3cb12d64192b2af.jpg&key=9e6d41bbe6b5e491d2464ad5342c6e6c7998dfa28a59d86b1d1326dc57625828

Two very different airport views today. We will see if I can one from Cleveland, airplane gods willing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33f16a5deff6b7fc05e56c770955c9e4.jpg&key=157ac5782cd9aa5adc8866ef269a02c698c42f20823f1612bc6c3451caf57357799ace33a5453effd3cb12d64192b2af.jpg&key=9e6d41bbe6b5e491d2464ad5342c6e6c7998dfa28a59d86b1d1326dc57625828
Two very different airport views today. We will see if I can one from Cleveland, airplane gods willing.

69b99eb5b51a6a52d0d5fe9fd2b8dfab.jpg

16 hours ago, Ric0_0 said:

Not really sure where to put this, but I guess it counts as a "picture". I am not sure if any of ya'll even look at memes or know what they are, but Charlotte officially has one now. It's all over the internet.

Charlotte news went downhill when Heather Childers and Nathalie Pasquerella both left for New York.

Edited by SydneyCarton

10 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s not Charlotte, but the Canes are the only professional team in the Carolinas to  win a championship.  Hopefully, the Panthers will one day too.

Maybe they can talk to Tepper about doing one of those outdoor stadium games at the Bank? If the Canes ever want to come to Charlotte and share Spectrum Center we can send the Checkers up there to become the Raleigh Riptides, haha.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, King of the Queen City said:

Maybe they can talk to Tepper about doing one of those outdoor stadium games at the Bank? If the Canes ever want to come to Charlotte and share Spectrum Center we can send the Checkers up there to become the Raleigh Riptides, haha.

An outdoor game at BoA Stadium would be great.

I’m surprised that the Canes chose Raleigh over Charlotte.   They must have gotten a better deal in Raleigh when they moved from Hartford.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m surprised that the Canes chose Raleigh over Charlotte.   They must have gotten a better deal in Raleigh when they moved from Hartford.

Charlotte does make more sense for a regionally named team. I doubt many people from South Carolina make the trip to Raleigh or feel very connected to the franchise. At the time I guess the Charlotte option would have been sharing the Coliseum on Tyvola Road with the Hornets, though the potential of getting an NHL Franchise in Charlotte could have possibly helped the case for the new Uptown arena.  One thing I will say about having the AHL Checkers instead of the NHL Hurricanes is that at least they have made good use of the recently renovated Bojangles’ Coliseum. The Whalers had a really cool logo. That identity should be sent back to Hartford to be used for the AHL Wolfpack.

0FE72D91-7AA1-455E-BBE2-98D2FCA919FA.png

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The owner of the Hurricanes probably thought it would be easier for them to gain corporate sponsorships and fan support in Raleigh where they are the only professional sports team in town as opposed to competing against the Panthers and Hornets for fan support and more importantly corporate sponsorship dollars...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, saamh said:

The owner of the Hurricanes probably thought it would be easier for them to gain corporate sponsorships and fan support in Raleigh where they are the only professional sports team in town as opposed to competing against the Panthers and Hornets for fan support and more importantly corporate sponsorship dollars...

True, though they do have to compete with three ACC collegiate teams in the Triangle. New owner Tom Dundon might be more open to the idea of moving the team to Charlotte, but Raleigh is a growing city itself and I guess it doesn’t hurt to let them have the NHL team if we have NBA, NFL, and potentially MLS and MLB in the future!