cltheel.sdl

Charlotte Photo of the Day

15 hours ago, NcSc74 said:

This should be on a pedestal right smack in the middle of trade and tryon....roundabout....trafalger square style...

Agreed. Let's push in 20 years for the streetcar rail to be augmented (again) around such statue

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 10:16 PM, NcSc74 said:

This should be on a pedestal right smack in the middle of trade and tryon....roundabout....trafalger square style...

Always loved this statue- It belongs in a large roundabout intersection in a neighborhood close to uptown. The Queen Charlotte Statue in the Airport is one of my favorite statues ever. I always thought a 100 foot tall one would look nice on top of Crowder's Mountain coming in from the West - a la "Christ the Redeemer" statue in Rio De Janeiro.  Maybe one day lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you I appreciate the history of the area. Is it true some houses were moved into the area? I thought someone told me the houses with brick foundations were moved ...

Yes, a few, maybe several, since lots were available at little or no cost in the 70's. I performed a brief search and could not find details of such specifics as you mention but my memory is certain that there were some houses moved into 4th ward and perhaps out as well.

1 hour ago, A2. said:

^

atlrvr, Messian Corners, Dubone, and many others who have been on this site for the last decade plus. By the way RDF has come a loooong way over the years. I remember him posting way back when. Now he is quite the source for info. I am not sure what you do now RDF, but I’m sure you have to be happy doing what you love these days. At least that’s the way I figure it. 

A2

A2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For what its worth I was a teenager when I started posting. Now I'm in my 30s. :-). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

^ that’s awesome! Hopefully it won’t be long for you to reunite with your roots! Always Best to have the gatekeeper of development knowledge having his two feet established  in the QC!

NYC will always be there, and you can always go back to visit. It’s a great city we all admire. For now it’s time to grow a  world class city down here in N.C.  

Well wishes my brother! And best of luck in your passage Southward. Home is calling and it’s time to pick up that call. :) 

• Like 2

A2!  My favorite Alabama bred music degree financial genius....you still in Atlanta?

Edit... nevermind....helps to read before posting.  Nonetheless, thanks for rejoining!

2nd Edit... A2! would be better than A2. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2