Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

13 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm just trying to convince you to stop supporting a plagiarism factory with fake writers. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/newsbuzzr-scammer-news-plagiarism-website-traffic_n_5d584e8be4b056fafd0cd0dc?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&fbclid=IwAR31SggU7YiwA-MKi4kp5HvcRBWTRDE_10cGoDXZToRlkv78hMyS6W-uwEE

I challenge you to find Adrianna Robinson, Kelly Marksbury, Luciano Hendrix existing in the real world. None have any social media presence, and you'd be hard pressed to find one journalist/writer, let alone 3 without any social media presence or maybe a linkedin. Writers, especially the ones that'd show up on Charlotte Stories, would  have to self promote. Hell if you look up Luciano Hendrix on facebook, he hasn't posted since 2017, and it was a "selfie" of an entirely different person. If you look at his fiends list, all bots.

BOYCOTT CHARLOTTE STORIES

It showed up on my FB feed, and I thought it was a nice photo.   I don’t support them.

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 minute ago, Nick2 said:

@ricky_davis_fan_21 Clts reddit has an auto  generated message anytime someone posts a link from Charlotte stories warning about their nefariousness. They're absolute crap. Worst than a tabloid because they operate under the guise of being legit.

http://globalflare.com/nashville/

they even run a "news site" about Nashville, and surprise, same writers. One of these days I'm going to write an exposé

Edited by Guest

I try to educate people on Facebook when I see articles shared from CLT stories but the average person just sees an article that looks normal if they didn't know any better. They're pretty widespread on FB as far as people sharing their articles. I don't really see them much anywhere else.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

I try to educate people on Facebook when I see articles shared from CLT stories but the average person just sees an article that looks normal if they didn't know any better. They're pretty widespread on FB as far as people sharing their articles. I don't really see them much anywhere else.

26 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

For whatever reason, their stories always show up on my FB feed.

Their target demo is the facebook crowd, and the way facebook prioritizes data, its a breeding ground for continues success for them.

29 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Have more "trustworthy" news sources called them out? 

nope. 

Edited by Guest

I'm curious, there's a page called "Charlotte NC" I follow on Facebook, and it seems that they and Charlotte Stories posts at the same time, Charlotte NC always has more comments and likes. I'm curious, are they affiliated, or does Charlotte Stories steal from them?

7 minutes ago, nakers2 said:

I'm curious, there's a page called "Charlotte NC" I follow on Facebook, and it seems that they and Charlotte Stories posts at the same time, Charlotte NC always has more comments and likes. I'm curious, are they affiliated, or does Charlotte Stories steal from them?

The FB page is a front for the "newspaper." This is the about section of the Charlotte, NC FB group I think you were referencing. 

Screenshot_20190826-180652.thumb.png.325d4dee7dbfa6cad9b056858dfef1cb.png

They even added the NC after Charlotte. It's like they want to anger UPers lol!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

as I had a meeting uptown this morning before I went coastal I took a few photos since the place where I am going has no overhead electrical lines (except for the major towers bringing the power onto the island)   This morning and one unauthorized photo that jumped in the upload. 

From N Brevard along the LYNX line and 4th photo is from the columns at the Levine garage. 

IMG_2521.JPG

IMG_2522.JPG

IMG_2523.JPG

IMG_2526.JPG

IMG_2527.JPG

IMG_2532.JPG

IMG_2562.JPG

Which beach are you staying?  It looks beautiful.

• Like 1

What’s the story with Charlotte Stories anyway?  I knew they weren’t held in high regard but I didn’t realize they were a fake news site with fake reporters.  Facebook is a horrible place to get reliable information about anything, so it’s no surprise they would primarily target that audience.

E271A99D-D9F6-407A-AFA9-C7FE45F62625.gif.717ddb6b2e0bee1b21ac344121c4b837.gif

D612E596-A660-4E8B-A586-CF4DB442C25D.gif.391a2175aa2c0783df2f432a43293008.gif

• Haha 1

What’s the story with Charlotte Stories anyway?  I knew they weren’t held in high regard but I didn’t realize they were a fake news site with fake reporters.  Facebook is a horrible place to get reliable information about anything, so it’s no surprise they would primarily target that audience.
E271A99D-D9F6-407A-AFA9-C7FE45F62625.gif.717ddb6b2e0bee1b21ac344121c4b837.gif
D612E596-A660-4E8B-A586-CF4DB442C25D.gif.391a2175aa2c0783df2f432a43293008.gif

Not really fake news per se but mostly fake reporters, frequently plagiarized content, will take any advertiser even when some seem to be potentially harmful (the ones that auto download flash. Just a robust cash grab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk