Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

5 hours ago, NCMike1990 said:

That was also Hugh McColl’s favorite sushi place. He gives them a shoutout at 5:22 in this video from 2009.

That's cool.  Considering that in many respects, he's the man behind Charlotte's meteoric rise, his imprimatur carries weight.

I used to see the owner (the middle-aged Asian chick with the cowboy hat) in Target in Stonecrest all the time.   She always wore the cowboy hat, miniskirt, and high heels.  She's a very interesting character.

Edited by SydneyCarton

5 hours ago, Desert Power said:

The pink building is great.  For a city with so many bland buildings, it stands out in a good way

I agree, can't imagine NOT loving it. Can't wait until it has a few friends. Southend could have 12 new buildings over 150 feet tall in a few years.

Southend Square 
Portman
Hawk
Lowes
3 at Spectrum Tryon
The District Dilworth 

Not announced, but probably out there.
Project at East/West Station
Project on East Park Ave
hotel at Design Center

43 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I agree, can't imagine NOT loving it. Can't wait until it has a few friends. Southend could have 12 new buildings over 150 feet tall in a few years.

Southend Square 
Portman
Hawk
Lowes
3 at Spectrum Tryon
The District Dilworth 

Not announced, but probably out there.
Project at East/West Station
Project on East Park Ave
hotel at Design Center

I look forward to the new buildings, but I think that the pink glass looks ridiculous.  There's a pink building just west of Lex in the high 40s or low-50s, and I dislike that one too.

On 9/1/2019 at 5:33 PM, Urban Cowboy said:

B2B6C2E6-DCC7-4776-9BA3-5BA4B1CC3187.jpeg

Thanks for my new screen saver for the week! I have always loved this gritty shot. The fence framing this scene really adds to it. Love it! Thanks for sharing! 

A2

Edited by A2.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3