Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

How long before Brookhill is redeveloped? I could see it being a master development with South End then extending from 77 to a couple of streets east of South at that area.

There’s sorta a plan, but also a huge property dispute.

My note on these photos is... god 1st Ward makes me depressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

There’s sorta a plan, but also a huge property dispute.

My note on these photos is... god 1st Ward makes me depressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I echo that sentiment. I was in town today and drove around all the new developments, especially around South End. But the area of 1st ward really is depressing. It’s a totally disjointed wasteland, in an otherwise beautiful city. I truly wish Levine would do something, but I want hold my breath. I just pray that maybe something will happen in my lifetime with that truly amazing swath of land that will connect it to the rest of this otherwise booming city.

ps—-on a side note. I-77 is a total disaster! I know I could post this on another thread, but am being lazy. The people responsible for laying the asphalt should be sued! It’s not only unsightly to have three inches of drop from one lane to the next, but incredibly dangerous. Lastly, I hate the plastic poles separating the express lanes from the other general travel lanes!

I travel a ton for my work, and I’ve never seen anything so shoddily done in any other place with express lanes. Just use a double white line for Pete’s sake. But seriously, I-77 sucks especially considering that this is supposed to be an improvement. Millions spent and honestly it will take hundreds of millions more just to get it right! 

(Ok, rant over)

To be honest, all things considered the QC is looking great! Just somebody prod Levine to get something done! I would truly take a bunch of three to four story stick framed apartments at this point, just to have continuity within the Urban core inside of 277. 

A2

Edited by A2.

When will this ever be redeveloped into a more dense public housing development? I understand the need for subsidized housing, but I don’t understand why it has to be so wasteful with respect to the amount of land not being used. Is there any future plans for the city to convert this to higher density housing (even if it’s public housing)?  

Does anyone even want to venture a guess at how valuable that land is based on its shear size? I’m guessing tens of millions at a minimum.

A2

FDE30971-1292-45A5-9708-670A2FCE3EC2.jpeg

Edited by A2.
  • Like 2

When will this ever be redeveloped into a more dense public housing development? I understand the need for subsidized housing, but I don’t understand why it has to be so wasteful with respect to the amount of land not being used. Is there any future plans for the city to convert this to higher density housing (even if it’s public housing)?  
A2
FDE30971-1292-45A5-9708-670A2FCE3EC2.thumb.jpeg.d59484890d25e844cfec26b5c9865ca5.jpeg

See my post above

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

See my post above

Thanks RDF! In my race to rant over the picture, I failed to read your post fully. I just wanted to echo your feelings on 1st ward. That said, Your comments on this area give me hope! :tw_blush:

Edited by A2.
  • Like 1

Thanks RDF! In my race to rant over the picture, I failed to read your post. Your comments give me hope! :tw_blush:

“There’s sorta a plan, but also a huge property dispute.”

Not city owned, it’s land is owned by one person (a billionaires estate), and buildings by another. So there’s a dispute to say the least. Not currently a light at the end of the tunnel so I wouldn’t be too encouraged.

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

“There’s sorta a plan, but also a huge property dispute.”

Not city owned, it’s land is owned by one person (a billionaires estate), and buildings by another. So there’s a dispute to say the least. Not currently a light at the end of the tunnel so I wouldn’t be too encouraged.

Well damn! I would imagine at some point that property is too valuable to not have some resolutions in the future even with the infighting. I would put money on this getting resolved before Levine lifts a finger. Sad 

Edited by A2.