Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

4 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

I love how the skyline is beginning to fan out on the south side. Now we just need North Tryon to take off. 

What will be crazy is when Stiles, District Dilworth, the 400' mystery project, Spectrum Hotel Tower 2151 Hawkins and Lowes are topped out. Then the skyline will actually be stretching well into Southend, off the edge of the photo!

Damn this is the drone shot I need lol, too bad you'll get arrested for being that close to an airport.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, go_vertical said:

I can't wait. Charlotte has always had a nice skyline. Decent height came early but it always bothered me that it dropped off a cliff at Hearst and 400 S Tryon (later DEC) with little to no tapering off. It just didn't feel complete and for me it didn't look finished. I guess what I'm trying to say is that our skyline is maturing quite nicely. 

Agreed. I really hope more development is targeted for Uptown instead of the urban sprawl. The density is one of the best in the south, but growing more in center city mostly will really make the skyline great and uptown more vibrant. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

image.thumb.png.e785c576dbe615f4bff2e46080ddd7de.png

This was posted by @ricky_davis_fan_21 in the Duke Metro Tower thread, but I feel like it fits in this thread too. This, this is what we have to look forward to, and I for one am so EXCITED. I think one thing to ask, and maybe RDF can help answer: 

This is still a very linear view (North-South). What are the chances for East-West build outs -- say Elizabeth, Midtown, Morehead, Gateway, etc.? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus said:

This was posted by @ricky_davis_fan_21 in the Duke Metro Tower thread, but I feel like it fits in this thread too. This, this is what we have to look forward to, and I for one am so EXCITED. I think one thing to ask, and maybe RDF can help answer: 

This is still a very linear view (North-South). What are the chances for East-West build outs -- say Elizabeth, Midtown, Morehead, Gateway, etc.? 

Looking forward to Moxy, Brooklyn Village. They’ll help expand the skyline east. Hope we get them this decade.