Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

On 1/12/2020 at 8:56 PM, KJHburg said:

See not the only one who loves the building but not me.  I was here in the 2nd largest city in the Charlotte CONCORD Gastonia metro area. 

the old Cabarrus Courthouse now an arts center. 

IMG_0678.JPG

Living in SW Concord I'm a bit biased of the town and think the original Courthouse shown here is one of the most beautiful in the state. That 100+ yr old tree thats just to the left, (not in the pic), is quite amazing as well. Concord is building a  new courthouse atm. Thanks for sharing this picture! 

Edited by Skyybutter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, A2. said:

You know all these pics are AMAZING! But there is one thing that I find missing in most of them: People.....

I don’t know if you guys have some type of photoshop that erases people from the streetscape, but it’s uncanny how many shots look to have been taken after an alien abduction or something. :dontknow:

No that’s just Charlotte still at this point lol. Not really a city with an extreme amount of a developed center city like the Northern cities. It’s still a sprawl that doesn’t have a major downtown (Uptown) population.

^I totally get that. I figured you guys were trying to get the purest shots. And I do agree that Uptown is a buzzing bee hive when it’s during working hours. I know in my tenure Uptown at 3 WF all of N&S Tryon was a pretty happening  street. Even now, it’s got its pockets of 18 hour activity. I just didn’t know if you guys were intentionally avoiding the crowds. Either way, amazing work fellow UPers! 

Ps—-love it or hate it, the Overstreet mall has a big time impact on sucking up large amounts of human activity. Like a human gerbil, I spent many of my lunch and breaks roaming it’s corridors. :rolleyes:

A2

Edited by A2.
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, A2. said:

^I totally get that. I figured you guys were trying to get the purest shots. And I do agree that Uptown is a buzzing bee hive when it’s during working hours. I know in my tenure Uptown at 3 WF all of N&S Tryon was a pretty happening  street. Even now, it’s got its pockets of 18 hour activity. I just didn’t know if you guys were intentionally avoiding the crowds. Either way, amazing work fellow UPers! 

Ps—-love it or hate it, the Overstreet mall has a big time impact on sucking up large amounts of human activity. Like a human gerbil, I spent many of my lunch and breaks roaming it’s corridors. :rolleyes:

A2

Is the over street mall open to the public?

I've lived in Charlotte my entire life, and I think I've been inside one time when I was 4 or 5 years old.

8 minutes ago, Mgelbach said:

I've lived in Charlotte my entire life, and I think I've been inside one time when I was 4 or 5 years old.

Yes, anybody can use the over street mall assuming they know where it is. It’s not really advertised at street level, which is a good thing. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Yes, anybody can use the over street mall assuming they know where it is. It’s not really advertised at street level, which is a good thing. 

I found on my weekend visits uptown during the day they are closing off some the gerbil tubes like the one over 3rd St from BB&T Center and 2 WF.  

I saw the street activity depends on the weather rainy and extreme cold more inside,  nice and sunny walk the streets.   

59 minutes ago, Mgelbach said:

obviously you have not been to Chick-fil-A uptown as it is in the overstreet mall.   as previously posted open to the public but not well advertised used many by uptown workers and a few tourists who stumble upon it like those at the Omni or Hilton uptown or the Epicenter hotels. 

• Like 2