Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

41 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Anyone want to mark up a map showing the connectivity? You can actually traverse several blocks all along College / Tryon from the Green all the way down past BOA.

This is a decent, though dated, diagram

https://charlotteinsider.blogspot.com/2012/01/charlotte-overstreet-mall-map.html

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I found on my weekend visits uptown during the day they are closing off some the gerbil tubes like the one over 3rd St from BB&T Center and 2 WF.  

I saw the street activity depends on the weather rainy and extreme cold more inside,  nice and sunny walk the streets.   

obviously you have not been to Chick-fil-A uptown as it is in the overstreet mall.   as previously posted open to the public but not well advertised used many by uptown workers and a few tourists who stumble upon it like those at the Omni or Hilton uptown or the Epicenter hotels. 

My mind is absolutely blown away right now! I thought the only Uptown Chik-Fil-A was the one at Jonson and Wales

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Now looking at those photos with the people it shows how everyone concentrates on what the people look like, do I know them, is the last guy going to grab my camera and throw it to the ground  etc.  I will stick with buildings, nature and food.  

1. Playa de Domes PR   2.  Marriott hotel at UNCC last week 

IMG_3723.JPG

Went up that way last week for the CFD's initial entry exam at the Shriner's Temple. I normally go via Old Concord to see my brother at UNCC so I decided to see how much has changed on Tryon since I moved away from UC a year ago. Nice to see some of the retail spaces in the JW Clay deck are filling up, including a Sabor. The hotel is much closer to the roadway than I realized and I think it will make the area look MUCH more dense, not to mention the inevitable fringe development along Tryon down toward the hospital, either in the form of private acquisition, more medical, or the least likely considering the land they already own, but more UNCC facilities. This will help with the well known phenomenon whereas people will be willing to walk farther when their route is more "dynamic" with businesses and buildings, artwork, etc, versus parking lots and massive lawns. 

• Like 2

On 2/25/2020 at 1:23 PM, KJHburg said:

Now looking at those photos with the people it shows how everyone concentrates on what the people look like, do I know them, is the last guy going to grab my camera and throw it to the ground  etc.  I will stick with buildings, nature and food.  

1. Playa de Domes PR   2.  Marriott hotel at UNCC last week 

IMG_4371.JPG

Off topic, but great shot.  I was in PR about a year ago but didn't make it to the west side of the island.  Beautiful place, thought about going back over spring break, but I got absolutely trucked by exams lol.

• Like 2