Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

1 hour ago, Mgelbach said:

Flashback Friday to a time when Southend was a little flatter

org_HDR_7-01_Original.jpg

OMG, thank you!  Not just for the picture, but for letting me know it's Friday.  I thought today was Thursday until I saw this post.  Friday is garbage collection day here and my garbage is FULL.

And a happy self-quarantine Friday to everyone.  That's the word on the street that's going to come out of DT's 3:00 address:  3-day quarantine for everybody.  We'll see.

Edited by JacksonH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Yeah, I assumed some people here would recognize it, though I had never been inside until last week.  This is a super non-descript exterior 1970s medical office building on Wendover near the new police station.  

It's simply an amazing interior that I've never seen anything like outside the west coast.

Being the first to defile a Highlights word find, and *spot the difference* picture, at the dentist, is a feeling unlike any, but I digress. 

That building is impossibly cool. I wish I knew its history.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, theronhobbs said:

My pediatrician, Dr. Fred Culpepper, was here growing up in the 90's. I'll never forget the smell of this "Place," while eating Barnum's Animal Crackers that they would give out.

I worked there in high school on the weekends, Providence Pediatrics. My mom was a nurse there for years, I did the filing. It did have a really odd smell. BTW, Culpepper was a really good doctor... didn't believe in treating EVERYTHING with an antibiotic. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DMann said:

Can't tell you, but it is one of the coolest office complexes in the city.  I have 3 different offices there that I have seen.  The cool thing about it is that you can enter from Wendover or Billingsley.

haha! enough information to find it. 411-497 Billingsley Rd, Charlotte, NC 28211

you're not kidding about the outside being nondescript. 

• Haha 1