Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

1 minute ago, Nick2 said:

Cool. I also had to Google "gild the lilly." Lmao 

LOL. Sorry, I'm old.  So, to further do as much, there's at least three golden ratios that I took a plumb line against with paint;  it's an outstanding composition at any rate and, I apologize that I didn't make myself plainer in the first place: that is a hell of a picture, even for a pro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tyrone Wiggum said:

LOL. Sorry, I'm old.  So, to further do as much, there's at least three golden ratios that I took a plumb line against with paint;  it's an outstanding composition at any rate and, I apologize that I didn't make myself plainer in the first place: that is a hell of a picture, even for a pro.

I haven't been on this page in a while and was surprised to see my photo up here! Thanks for the positive critique! I normally shoot nature landscapes and since most trails are closed I decided to finally try some skyline shots. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Nathan2 said:

I haven't been on this page in a while and was surprised to see my photo up here! Thanks for the positive critique! I normally shoot nature landscapes and since most trails are closed I decided to finally try some skyline shots. 

Nathan2, I've been wanting to post this photo on instagram, but am Reddit challenged, Do you have an instagram that I could tag?

I imagine I am not the only one disappointed by our Wikipedia collage. It is the first thing many people see of our city and I think we can do better. This is my attempt using some of your photos (specifically MGelbach and Gman) as well as some free use photos. With permission from those relevant of course I would love to upload this to Wikipedia. 

https://imgur.com/a/oUeC2Sh

41 minutes ago, MothBeast said:

I imagine I am not the only one disappointed by our Wikipedia collage. It is the first thing many people see of our city and I think we can do better. This is my attempt using some of your photos (specifically MGelbach and Gman) as well as some free use photos. With permission from those relevant of course I would love to upload this to Wikipedia. 

Oh yes, I’m not married to the inclusion of Queens University if anyone has a better idea (or picture). Maybe something more cultural.

6 hours ago, MothBeast said:

Oh yes, I’m not married to the inclusion of Queens University if anyone has a better idea (or picture). Maybe something more cultural.

TBH I think having two uptown skyline pics would be redundant. I think replace the daytime aerial pic with one of the Nascar hall of fame.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 12:19 PM, MothBeast said:

Great idea! Other suggestions for replacing Queens: Freedom Park ; Mint Museum Uptown ; Plaza Midwood or NoDa mural

• Like 1