Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

1 hour ago, navigator319 said:

In due course I’m sure.

Covid prob put a dent in those rumblings for now, no? At least in the 1-3 year timeframe.

I dunno. I've talked to some people lately who think Charlotte is better positioned than ever to attract companies fleeing the North East. Especially since one of our biggest competitors just massively increased their property taxes.

I love Charlotte, but it's not a competitor of NY.  London was, but with Brexit, NY now utterly dominates the world financial markets.  

That being said, I hope that more staff are relocated to Charlotte and that more towers are built Uptown.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I love Charlotte, but it's not a competitor of NY.  London was, but with Brexit, NY now utterly dominates the world financial markets.  

That being said, I hope that more staff are relocated to Charlotte and that more towers are built Uptown.

Trust me I want to be optimistic about NYC, being a homeowner there, but what I said is a fact, and the city is already fielding relocation offers. 

But yes, I was referring to our direct competition, Nashville.

Edited by Guest

31 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Trust me I want to be optimistic about NYC, being a homeowner there, but what I said is a fact, and the city is already fielding relocation offers. 

But yes, I was referring to our direct competition, Nashville.

They said the same thing after 9/11.  NY is uniquely situated to be the world leader, since London will now take second stage.  

Anyway, hopefully, Charlotte will continue to prosper.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

I dunno. I've talked to some people lately who think Charlotte is better positioned than ever to attract companies fleeing the North East. Especially since one of our biggest competitors just massively increased their property taxes.

I get this logic of thinking and it is backed up by trends that were already underway.  What I have yet to solidify an opinion on is the the effect on the office market and space needs by companies now that a great WFH shift happened.  I flip flop between 95% of it shifts back to the office and well crap only 60% of it shifts back to the office.  If it is the later, then  we have lots of space on our hands just sitting idle.  Have to work through that just like the foreclosure backlog in residential homes in 09-13.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

I get this logic of thinking and it is backed up by trends that were already underway.  What I have yet to solidify an opinion on is the the effect on the office market and space needs by companies now that a great WFH shift happened.  I flip flop between 95% of it shifts back to the office and well crap only 60% of it shifts back to the office.  If it is the later, then  we have lots of space on our hands just sitting idle.  Have to work through that just like the foreclosure backlog in residential homes in 09-13.

I have an article I'm working on, should be done in the next week or two, where I talked to office developers, and really one of the consensuses was that while yes, a good percentage of folks might not return to the office, keep in mind the ones that do, will likely come back to a much less dense office environment, people per sq feet wise. 

Edited by Guest

Hopefully this partially improves the "never a cold seat" problem.  In all seriousness, I am having trouble envisioning how elevator capacity at peak times will be addressed, even if businesses go to "group a" (week 1) alternating with "group b" (week 2).

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, nicholas said:

Are we just going to ignore Gozilla sitting alone in the parking deck?

As car guy  you need to start a thread in Coffee House called :" Nick's Whips the Finest Cars of NC"   and it would probably be very popular.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1