Jump to content

Charlotte Photo of the Day


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Source

Loving my new job. Pix4D is processing orthomosaic of the area now, and 3d update to Google Maps coming soon. Should have some cool video together as well! Still learning lightroom so forgive me for t

I meant to post this picture last week from our Bday trip to NYC.  The picture came out pretty cool, but it was absolutely amazing from inside the plane.  The sun beams shining through the clouds onto

Posted Images


1 hour ago, navigator319 said:

In due course I’m sure.

 

Covid prob put a dent in those rumblings for now, no? At least in the 1-3 year timeframe.

I dunno. I've talked to some people lately who think Charlotte is better positioned than ever to attract companies fleeing the North East. Especially since one of our biggest competitors just massively increased their property taxes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Charlotte, but it's not a competitor of NY.  London was, but with Brexit, NY now utterly dominates the world financial markets.  

That being said, I hope that more staff are relocated to Charlotte and that more towers are built Uptown.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I love Charlotte, but it's not a competitor of NY.  London was, but with Brexit, NY now utterly dominates the world financial markets.  

That being said, I hope that more staff are relocated to Charlotte and that more towers are built Uptown.

Trust me I want to be optimistic about NYC, being a homeowner there, but what I said is a fact, and the city is already fielding relocation offers. 

But yes, I was referring to our direct competition, Nashville.

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Trust me I want to be optimistic about NYC, being a homeowner there, but what I said is a fact, and the city is already fielding relocation offers. 

But yes, I was referring to our direct competition, Nashville.

They said the same thing after 9/11.  NY is uniquely situated to be the world leader, since London will now take second stage.  

Anyway, hopefully, Charlotte will continue to prosper.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

I dunno. I've talked to some people lately who think Charlotte is better positioned than ever to attract companies fleeing the North East. Especially since one of our biggest competitors just massively increased their property taxes.

I get this logic of thinking and it is backed up by trends that were already underway.  What I have yet to solidify an opinion on is the the effect on the office market and space needs by companies now that a great WFH shift happened.  I flip flop between 95% of it shifts back to the office and well crap only 60% of it shifts back to the office.  If it is the later, then  we have lots of space on our hands just sitting idle.  Have to work through that just like the foreclosure backlog in residential homes in 09-13.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

I get this logic of thinking and it is backed up by trends that were already underway.  What I have yet to solidify an opinion on is the the effect on the office market and space needs by companies now that a great WFH shift happened.  I flip flop between 95% of it shifts back to the office and well crap only 60% of it shifts back to the office.  If it is the later, then  we have lots of space on our hands just sitting idle.  Have to work through that just like the foreclosure backlog in residential homes in 09-13.

I have an article I'm working on, should be done in the next week or two, where I talked to office developers, and really one of the consensuses was that while yes, a good percentage of folks might not return to the office, keep in mind the ones that do, will likely come back to a much less dense office environment, people per sq feet wise. 

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully this partially improves the "never a cold seat" problem.  In all seriousness, I am having trouble envisioning how elevator capacity at peak times will be addressed, even if businesses go to "group a" (week 1) alternating with "group b" (week 2).

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.