Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

31 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

great photos @704DimitriI too got yelled out at then Hearst Plaza but I have learned to walk and shoot (a photo) that is.   when did taking a photo become a crime? 

Literally, building are artwork. I could understand if I was inside the corporate lobby, but founder halls? It threw me off ! Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Happy birthday WFAE and here is shot from 40 years ago and I remember this Charlotte pre BACC.  Early 1980s. From the Twitter account this morning. 

Notice the Charlotte O building, Carolina Trade Mart, the Civic Center with the pyramids

What's the oddball little 10-ish story building about halfway between 400 S Tryon and the Observer?

1 minute ago, tozmervo said:

What's the oddball little 10-ish story building about halfway between 400 S Tryon and the Observer?

that is the side view  of the ugly Duke Energy building the grey concrete one that soon will be for sale on S Church. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

that is the side view  of the ugly Duke Energy building the grey concrete one that soon will be for sale on S Church. 

Oh, was the other wing (with the neon sculpture) added later? I'm having trouble making the visual connection between that photo and the current building.

Just now, tozmervo said:

Oh, was the other wing (with the neon sculpture) added later? I'm having trouble making the visual connection between that photo and the current building.

yes I think that is what happened making an L.  That building is so ugly I try not to look at it closely.  

• Haha 2

On 6/29/2021 at 8:30 AM, KJHburg said:

Happy birthday WFAE and here is shot from 40 years ago and I remember this Charlotte pre BACC.  Early 1980s. From the Twitter account this morning. 

Notice the Charlotte O building, Carolina Trade Mart, the Civic Center with the pyramids

Charlotte1971photo.jpg

My first memory of the Charlotte skyline is driving Independence after being at whats now Park Expo. I can vividly remember the BOCC probably up to at least 40 floors. I was in awe. Great picture btw!

• Like 4