Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

10 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

301 Kingston in low center of that photo above. I lived in that house 1974-75. Memories of penury.

I used to live in the blue condos behind that house 7-8 years back.  I always liked that one in particular and their friendly dog at the time who would run along the fence with me and everyone else that passed by :) 

• Like 2

One large-ish room, main floor, adjoining bath, private rear entry, kitchen privilege, whole house privilege really, prime tenant was a work colleague upstairs with two boys, 10 and 4. 45$/month paid to her. 150$ month was her whole house lease. Owner was a Mr. Yandle. No heat as furnace, installed well after house was built in 1894, was so wasteful and inefficient that paying for fuel was the same as shoveling currency into a fire. It was not a bad winter so fireplace, electric blanket and electric heater in bathroom (no judging, please) did enough. After a year I looked elsewhere. Even my standards were above this level of "living".*

*dating life, you ask?

1 hour ago, tarhoosier said:

301 Kingston in low center of that photo above. I lived in that house 1974-75. Memories of penury.

Of some interest: The owners of 301 Kingston about 15 or so years ago undertook a complete renovation. The house has some historic significance, cannot say what. The footprint must be respected so they added a master bedroom upstairs by supporting it by columns. No ground floor footprint change. (what I was told when they toured me through the house at that time)

• Thanks 1