Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Very nice InitialD!! :)

Thanks. By the way, the Catalyst parking deck is looking a little better on the other 3 sides than in those photos (less like a jail).

Here's one more photo; sorry for the poor quality. It is from the 320 foot Skytower at Carowinds, right at 10 miles from uptown. The windows were very dirty and faded from the sun, so I tried to clean up the photo some.

101168052.jpg

Edited by InitialD

^ Weird, I would have insisted and sworn uptown to be farther away than this, are you at full zoom and is this a blow up of a much larger photo?

Here is the photo not cropped (just sized down to 800 x 600). It is using a 55mm-200mm lens zoomed all the way in at 200mm. The old windows of the sky tower were very sun faded and dirty; the sky wasn't that hazy.

101211033.jpg

Here is the photo not cropped (just sized down to 800 x 600). It is using a 55mm-200mm lens zoomed all the way in at 200mm. The old windows of the sky tower were very sun faded and dirty; the sky wasn't that hazy.

101211033.jpg

So compact but still offers the eye a good look. Although the people in the Arlington might hate me but a couple of midrise buildings in Southend will complete the skyline IMO. I have always wondered what Charlotte would look like with a secondary skyline close to Uptown.

So compact but still offers the eye a good look. Although the people in the Arlington might hate me but a couple of midrise buildings in Southend will complete the skyline IMO. I have always wondered what Charlotte would look like with a secondary skyline close to Uptown.

Yes, and if you look closely, on the far left of the skyline you can make out the crane and top of Ashton Southend (101 Tremont) above the treeline.

I'm not sure if its appropriate to make requests for photo of the day, but I'd love to see a pano from the central ave bridge, so we can see the impact that nascar and Wachovia are having on the skyline from that angle.

I'm not sure if its appropriate to make requests for photo of the day, but I'd love to see a pano from the central ave bridge, so we can see the impact that nascar and Wachovia are having on the skyline from that angle.

I think I'll try to get by there on Friday. I have Friday off and I want to bicycle around uptown and do some photos. I was recently around Independence Park and Memorial Stadium; from there you can see Wachovia rising above the courthouse/jail mid-rises, but NASCAR is hard to see because from that angle is is so far to the left. If anybody sees me cycling around Friday taking skyline shots, say "hi."

I think I'll try to get by there on Friday. I have Friday off and I want to bicycle around uptown and do some photos. I was recently around Independence Park and Memorial Stadium; from there you can see Wachovia rising above the courthouse/jail mid-rises, but NASCAR is hard to see because from that angle is is so far to the left. If anybody sees me cycling around Friday taking skyline shots, say "hi."

Pano would solve it being too far to the left, If you can't do a pano, take a buncha shots and I can put it together. I always thought that view would benifit from a pano pic, with the government district, and Blake Hotel Complex to the left of the shot, it really gives downtown some density, that nobody gives it credit for.

Your wish is my command. NASCAR HoF impact: negligible. Wachovia impact: wait a few months.

Skyline38608small.jpg

Your wish is my command. NASCAR HoF impact: negligible. Wachovia impact: wait a few months.

Skyline38608small.jpg

ABSOLUTELY HUGE! I LOVE IT! thank u kindly, i miss charlotte very much! Nascar makes just enough impact for me, as does the Park (hopefully they'll finish it one day), Aloft and Ritz are very small, but still make a great impact for me, u might even see the top of sierra and encore from this angle, and the vue will also do a great job from this angle. BOA will also be nice from this angle.

Edited by Guest

I'm just curious, where exactly is this photo taken from? It looks to be from the Independence off ramp, but seem too high like from a structure or wall? Thanks.

Edit: On furter inspection, it does appear to be from the Central Ave bridge. Sorry, I haven't taken photos from there yet, so I was confused.

Edited by InitialD

I'm just curious, where exactly is this photo taken from? It looks to be from the Independence off ramp, but seem too high like from a structure or wall? Thanks.

Edit: On furter inspection, it does appear to be from the Central Ave bridge. Sorry, I haven't taken photos from there yet, so I was confused.

Yep. Central Ave bridge, today at about 2pm.