Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Long ago Club Crush was a Chinese restaurant, or perhaps Asian restaurant since Charlotte of the 1980's was not discriminating and anything asian/Pacific Island/Exotic was enough to bring the goobers. Before the Asian setting I seem to recall it was a Polynesian restaurant. Same fake exotic sense, same plastic palms, drinks with a tiny umbrella. I took an out of town guest once when it was chinese-y. I was the goober.

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, NcSc74 said:

Wow, just wish there was more elevation changes around the city that could recreate or come close  this angle.  Definitely gives me Denver vibes skyline wise.  What Charlotte needs now is infill and increase density.

Agreed on the last point. Uptown and South End have become truly impressive urban districts. But whenever I look on Google Earth (which granted is out of date, although street view is newer in many places) I’m seriously thrown off by North Tryon and parts of the Second Ward… way too many ugly flat parking lots. Those getting replaced by businesses, apartments, parks, etc. is my next big hope for the city. Things are looking great outside of that. 

• Like 1