Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

On 10/7/2022 at 3:42 PM, KJHburg said:

Charlotte I missed your skyline while out in the southwest.  You may not be a Dallas a Fort Worth a San Antonio or a Houston but our skyline is beautiful and so are all the trees around town. 

IMG_3874.JPG

Interesting comparison to Ft. Worth and San Antonio. I agree they have some unique buildings although I'm sure almost everyone would say Charlotte's skyline as a whole blows theirs out of the water. 

Certainly Dallas and Houston are more impressive though, as they should be given they are both the centers of top 5 metro areas by population in the country. Although I will say, Houston loses some points because of how oddly disjointed their skyline is. Random skyscrapers and pockets of high-rises dotted throughout the city - downtown itself is only decent (though very tall).

• Like 3

20 hours ago, KJHburg said:

No I was just in Fort Worth and San Antonio (as well as Dallas and Houston) just meant I missed our skyline. Ours is much better than FW or SA for sure and we are gaining on Dallas downtown.  But Houston no we are not in their league and I am talking downtown.  

Charlotte and last 2 photos of downtown Houston which I could not get into one shot the skyline is so wide.  2nd photo is almost the whole skyline but I missing buildings to the right. 

IMG_3924.JPG

IMG_3087.JPG

The contrast between these two photos illustrates how nicely a park/green space would fit as a replacement for the rail yard.

• Like 3

On 10/9/2022 at 8:54 AM, KJHburg said:

Our skyline is better than Fort Worth's or San Antonio's but they have some unique buildings in their downtowns.   Charlotte's is getting more and more like Dallas's as their high rises have spread northward and out of the downtown core.   But the big D is still impressive. 

That’s what she said…:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, CltFlyer said:

Posted by the CLT airport Twitter

wow. astonishing growth ! When I lived in NoDa 1998-99, what was known as Three First Union was under construction. I counted 30 new buildings in this photo since then...before I stopped counting.  awesome photo!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CltFlyer said:

Posted by the CLT airport Twitter

Imagine this view with the Queens Bridge Collective towers, Intercontinental Hotel tower and the recently introduced Vela (I think....) tower. Wow. And I must say the Duke Energy tower looks fantastic.

Edit: Also the Overlook tower in the foreground will be awesome.

Edited by carolinaboy
  • Like 1