Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Davidson at Jordan Place. Ten support wires, the new Charlotte champion of bad utility design!* Vive le Roi!    (Previous record was eight.)
This is your Urban Charlotte. Cherish it.
Other three corners have total of two support wires on their closest poles to intersection.
*plus one random wire for communication? grounding? Whatevs?

http://content.invisioncic.com/x329420/monthly_2022_11/image.thumb.jpeg.cf4ff2ee5da30e34ee0dbc9ac8b58eaf.jpeg

Leaning tower of Charlotte?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

this is more an image of the day.  Saw this on Nashville UP

here is Nashville and Charlotte 2 maps same scale   Zoom in on Charlotte and it will do likewise in Nashville. 

https://acme.com/same_scale/#36.16951,-86.77903,35.23205,-80.84375,11,S,S

The most stark contrast is when you look at the center city of both locations and see that Charlotte has a lot more surface parking as oppose to Nashville.  

14 minutes ago, DJ8hep said:

I just drove by Nashville and it also seemed denser than Charlotte (I was blown away by the amount of cranes I saw in downtown!). Haha pardon the photo as I took it while still on the freeway (don’t worry, I was a passenger!!!)
da87ab07b9bcd0995950a72a7eff6b68.jpg

I could be wrong, but I think Nashville changed a rule on skyscrapers. This resulted in a tsunami of towers being built there. Charlotte has some catching up to do!

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 8:44 AM, KJHburg said:

this is more an image of the day.  Saw this on Nashville UP

here is Nashville and Charlotte 2 maps same scale   Zoom in on Charlotte and it will do likewise in Nashville. 

https://acme.com/same_scale/#36.16951,-86.77903,35.23205,-80.84375,11,S,S

Super cool feature - I’m jealous though, wish CLT had a River like Nashville!!  We only have this sucky Lightrail thing.  Trade ya….lol

22 hours ago, L.A.native said:

I hate to say this but I'd love to think most of us don't give a rats tail about Nashville or any other city while on this forum. When will Charlotte just be Charlotte, and stop aspiring to be other cities? 

I don't think we should make it a "competition" because that's silly. However it can be useful to look at peer and non-peer cities to learn lessons, both good and bad, and use them to inform the planning of Charlotte's future.

35 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Absolutely - this is why I’m rooting for more towers being constructed in SouthEnd, Dilworth & Midtown.  Towers surrounding Uptown will absolutely have the effect of making Charlotte’s Core feel more substantial.  We’ve got height on Nashville but they just have more… bc NC has another Major Metropolitan (RDU) area sucking up just as much growth as Charlotte,  Tennessee has only 1 …

How dare you ignore the glorious Bass Pro Pyramid which Memphis kept out of Nashville

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1